No announcement yet.

What I am doing instead of riding in or working on my Squarebird

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I keep up with the posts, but I have not seen my T-bird for 2 years.

It's home is in need of alot of work. I was fortunate to move it out about 2 weeks before the upper floor caved in.

So my time is spent on getting it's home stable so it can come back home, hopefully before snow flies.

Presently I need to rebuild the trusses in the image below which support the second floor and the roof. The cool thing is that if I can do it the seconfd floor will be clearsapn and the ground floor will not have any posties to drive around.

The barn is pretty large, 30'x30', so there will be plenty of room for the T-Bird and the Effie if I am successful.

Most people I talk to think I'm nuts..............................

Very cool..
    Looks great!

Comment

• Dan Leavens
      Moderator / Administrator

• Oct 4 2006

Kevin at he very least you will have lots of room and privacy to work on your bird. As far as being nuts, well I guess we can all be called that.

Dano Calgary,Alberta Canada
      Dano Calgary,Alberta Canada
      Thunderbird Registry
      58HT #33317
      60 HT (Sold )

Comment

• dgs
        Super-Experienced
        • Feb 13 2003

My grandfather was a small car collector. That's where I got my car and Dad got his '56 T'bird and '57 Eldorado.

Grandpa also had a '37 Cord 812 for a time. A tornado struck the building it was stored in and floor above it came down on the car. Looking at it, we were sure the car would be a mess but it turned out there was something along the wall that took the brunt of the fall and supported the floor. There was only a dent smaller than a dinner plate in the upper rear body. That was a relief.
        DGS (aka salguod)
        1960 Convertible - Raven Black, Red leather
        www.salguod.net

Comment

Well, I was in hopes to have the T-Bird home and in this photo but it hasn't worked out. Now there is salt on the road, so the Effie is in it's place until spring.

The truss is rebuilt, what second floor there is has been re-attached, ready to build out the first and second floors in the end bay (to the right), where the T-Bird will stay.

Always next year..................

Comment

• Anders
            Super-Experienced
            • Jan 19 2008

That Effie is realy cool.
            I´m builing a garage as well, but it´s only for one car. This place seems to be able to house aeroplanes. I would move in myself as well. Want it!
            sigpic..."Lil darling Ruth":)
            http://www.tbirdregistry.com/#33158

Comment

Well, almost another year has gone by from my last post on this thread, so here is the progress:

I have rebuilt the main floor deck in one of the bays in the barn. This is where the T-Bird will rest for being worked on. It is with-in reach to have it home this fall...................

Additional photos can be seen at http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...4&l=2ebcfb4a3b if interested.

(Can't say much about where I drove it last weekend as I have not seen it in 3 years.........)

Comment

• YellowRose
                Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

Hi Kevin!

Good to see you post again and thanks for the picture! I see you have been making good progress and should be able to put your Tbird in a great place to work on and store this year! I hope you get it all done before winter sets in! Keep us posted on how its going!

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
                The Terminator..... VTCI #11178 ITC #6000 Yellow Mustang Registry (YMR) #12188
                Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm
                Faye's Ovarian Cancer Memorial Website.
                https://faye.rayclark.info/index.html

Comment

• tbird430
                  Super-Experienced
                  • Jun 18 2007

No kidding! Thanks for the update...

-Jon in TX.
                  sigpic
                  The 1960 Ford Thunderbird. The WORLD'S most wanted car....

VTCI Member#6287.

Comment

"Red Letter Day"

The T-Bird came home.................

Since the last post, I re-did the west third of the center bay and did some temporary structural shoring up to keep the effie and the T-Bird safe.

The T-Bird came home today! Unfortuantely 3 years in dromant storage has not been kind to her. But I got her going and moved her around under her own power. Will need to do some clean up as well as tinkering with the usual like sticky brakes.

It is great to look at her again in my own barn............

Comment

Hey Kevin,
                      LOOKIN GOOD!!!
                      Richard D. Hord

Comment

• YellowRose
                        Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

Hi Kevin!

I am glad you have her home safe in her new home. She is such a pretty car. That is the color I was looking for when I found Rose, but could not find at the time. Of course, I found one later! Murphy's Law!

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
                        The Terminator..... VTCI #11178 ITC #6000 Yellow Mustang Registry (YMR) #12188
                        Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm
                        Faye's Ovarian Cancer Memorial Website.
                        https://faye.rayclark.info/index.html

Comment

• tbird430
                          Super-Experienced
                          • Jun 18 2007

GOD I LOVE THAT COLOR ON YOUR BIRD.

-Jon
                          sigpic
                          The 1960 Ford Thunderbird. The WORLD'S most wanted car....

VTCI Member#6287.

Comment

Working...
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎