Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 57ford/60thunderbird
    Experienced
    • May 4 2009

you can get a box full of "bends" from any header manufacter and build your own

but if you looking for other pre made headers you can try crites industries in ashville ohio they make headers for FE applications in 57-58 fairlanes /edsels

the fairlanes and thunderbirds share the same engine clearence problems except the fairlane's upper control arm is too close to the engine(when running a FE) instead of the steering box

and yes you can bend a header to make it fit in fact its hard to find a header you dont have to "clearence" alittle to make them fit right BUT, buy the time you clearence a header to fit a squarebird the third tube on the driver side would be almost pinched closed and maybe the fourth tube aswell

if you dont know a 352 is a FE

crites contact info critesrestoration.com 740-983-4777

ive heard crites get 500.00 for thier headers but i could be wrong
    57 ford sedan
    60 thunderbird registry number 33404
    69 mustang coupe
    69 roadrunner

Comment

• 3dpsycho
      • Jun 26 2009

Thank you 57ford/60thunderbird,
      I called crites and they sadly did not know anyone who has tried their headers on a tbird and have no idea if they would be close ... they are definitely cheap enough (about 320)...
      I had a little hope as the one distributor for sanderson said a couple representatives from sanderson said that they had people get them to fit with some minor modifications, but that was not true.
      I think I am going have to give up on this and go with stock iron.

Comment

• 3dpsycho
        • Jun 26 2009

sent them back

so, I sent the headers back from sanderson sadly without even trying based on the "luck" I have heard from other birders (thank you for being my genie pig!)... I've got about a week, maybe week and a half left before the exhaust gets redone for the bird at which point I will not be able to justify any headers... if anybody has any last minute good experiences (besides 800$ FPA) they would be most welcome, thank you all again despite the unsuccessful attempts reports!

Comment

• skcow
          • Oct 9 2011

FPA headers

I too searched and found the FPA's the only real answer. Yes , you can make a Squarebird fly but you have to remember what FE stands for, Freakin Expensive.... It's all about what you really want.

Comment

• Tbird1044
            Super-Experienced
            • Jul 31 2012

Unique Headers

I know this is a little off topic, but when I went to the VTCI Thunderbird pageant last month, I spotted the 57 Fairlane with unique headers. Thought I would include a few pics of the cars also for those interested in looking.
            Nyles
            Attached Files

Comment

Did some searching and saw that Sanderson now offers a thunderbird specific header for th 58-66 thunderbird. I see this thread was active back in 2010. Does anyone know if these will fit?

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎