X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Alexander
    Webmaster
    • Oct 30 2002

Rocketbird articles

I would like to post more information on the Rocketbirds on the rocketbirds.org site. There are many pictures of models of these cars on the site now. Most of these pictures were contributed by Gary Kerr.

If you have any pictures or articles you would like to contribute to the site, I will gladly post them and give you written credit. If you have done any restoration or repair work on your 1961-63 Thunderbird, if you could please document your work with pictures and some text, it would be very helpful to others with the same problem.

Private message me on this board, and will give you an e-mail address to send it to.

Thanks,
    Alexander
    1959 Hardtop
    1960 Golde Top
    Alexander
    1959 Hard Top
    1960 Golde Top
    sigpic

New Bullet Bird Owners

Thank you for this site. My wife and I are recent recipients of a '61 convertible from her grandfather. We want to restore it to a better condition and will post any progress (or setbacks) throughout the project. Neither of us are mechanical experts and will look to sites like this for information (as well as seeking the advice of the pros) in making this successful.

Areas to work on are the hydraulic motor pump for the top, which I've already found a source for, thanks to your referring us to Convertible Services via web link; replacement of the seals on the top, which her gramps were so adamant about having done when he gave it to us; I will need a new detent, and after reading the string on the subject, I now know the cause and it's solution; and very light rust in general and removing blemishes and spots ... so far that I can see.

I am positive that we will many questions coming out of this, and hopefully we can get and share answers. We're looking forward to this new challenge.
    Last edited by Guest; November 29, 2007, 12:08 AM.

Comment

• Alexander
      Webmaster
      • Oct 30 2002

Welcome to the site. We have many knowledgeable people here who can help you in your restoration.
      Alexander
      1959 Hard Top
      1960 Golde Top
      sigpic

Comment

Working...
      😀
      🥰
      🤢
      😎
      😡
      👍