X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • YellowRose
    Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

Welcome, Frankvv !!

Welcome to Squarebirds, Frank! Frank hales from Maryland and owns a rare 1959 Thunderbird "Tudor" (63A) 3 spd manual with "heat delete". You don't see many of those, though we were just talking about one a few weeks ago. Frank, we would love to see some pictures of your Tbird. If you would like to post some, please send Cathie ~ Coral a Private Message (PM) or email and she can tell you how to do that. Should you have any problems navigating our Forums, please contact me. Enjoy the Journey!

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
    The Terminator..... VTCI #11178 ITC #6000 Yellow Mustang Registry (YMR) #12188
    Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm
    Faye's Ovarian Cancer Memorial Website.
    https://faye.rayclark.info/index.html

Hey Frank,
    Welcome! Wow a heat delete Bird, we were just talking about that a few weeks ago. Bet it rough in winter in Maryland with no heat Anyway you have joined the most experienced Birders anywhere in the world! Ask questions and comment when you can, we learn from each other and love to share information. Hope you enjoy the ride and once agin welcome!!!
    Richard D. Hord

Comment

• simplyconnected
      Administrator
      • May 26 2009

Frank, welcome. Always good to see another T-bird. Last time I was in Maryland, my wife and I were camping on the Beltway when a swarm of police descended on the area. Seems there was a sniper, but the cops wouldn't tell us that at the time. We didn't find out until we made it back to Detroit; all our friends called to see if we were all right, but we had no idea why they were asking.

Sorry to ramble... Squarebirds is happy to welcome you, Frank. We have a great resource of restorers and enthusiasts who freely offer their help with your 'bird. Many of the same problems have been repeated and Squarebirds can help. Jump in and ask questions, often. We even have a lady named Coral, who answers computer questions. Welcome aboard. - Dave
      Member, Sons of the American Revolution

CLICK HERE to see my custom hydraulic roller 390 FE build.

"We've got to pause and ask ourselves: How much clean air do we need?"
      --Lee Iacocca

Comment

• Dan Leavens
        Moderator / Administrator

• Oct 4 2006

Frank also welcome to our truly international site where you will find some of the most knowledgeable birders around. Ask any questionanswer where you canand participate often 3 speed and " heat delete " excellent
        Dano Calgary,Alberta Canada
        Thunderbird Registry
        58HT #33317
        60 HT (Sold )

Comment

• Frankvv
          Apprentice
          • Sep 14 2009

Squarebird withoug heat

I believe that you may have been talking about my bird a few weeks ago, before I bought it. I was trying to confirm if it was a real heat delete car or a mode. I am now 98% sure it is a legit delete after a long conversation with the previous owner. Car is still in transit - being shipped from Texas. I am very much looking forward to getting the car. Was suppose to be here on Monday but the truck broke down - go figure. My last bird was a mint solid number 2 - 1960 with automatic and heat, thankfully, since at the time I lived in Rochester NY By comparion, there are only a couple of weeks a year that I consider "bad convertable" weather here in Baltimore. (Daily driver is a BMW z3). Looking forward to interacting with everyone.
          Frank

Comment

• Frankvv
            Apprentice
            • Sep 14 2009

Comment to Dano

Dano,
            Most of my family live in Alberta. Brother is in Calgary, sister in Ft. McMurray and parents retired in Lethbridge (don't ask why...) I am a transplanted Canuck and now a US Citizen. I was in Calgary first week of June to visit family and my highlight was taking in the John Fogerty concert with my brother at the Saddledome.
            Frank

Comment

• Dan Leavens

• Oct 4 2006

Frank yes I agree with " retiring in Lethbridge " better known as " The Lean" due to all the wind down there. CCR ( John Fogerty ) the best, as my wife and I were going but got called out of town on family stuff. Hope the concert was good as it can be testy at The Saddledome.
              Thunderbird Registry
              58HT #33317
              60 HT (Sold )

Comment

Whats a little wind and cold to you Canadians, You are a hearty bunch. We have friends in Edmonton that are into hot rods (Bert has a 32 Ford 5 window). We went to visit one December and it was cold but the locals were all saying how warm it was. It happened to be sunny and only -3 to -5c (mid to high 20s). We went to a christmas party at the owner of Wadsons Hot Rod Parts. Wayne (Wadson) was commenting on how nice and warm it was, so warm that he took his 32 roadster (no top) out driving that day. Brrrrrrr
                Last edited by Guest; September 19, 2009, 06:49 PM.

Comment

• Dan Leavens

• Oct 4 2006

Victor your quite correct as up here if it's a clear sky, clear roads, then it is time for cruisin. What is a little cold air going to do when the heater is going full blast
                  Thunderbird Registry
                  58HT #33317
                  60 HT (Sold )

Comment

• simplyconnected
                    Administrator
                    • May 26 2009

Sorry to hijack, but I'm with the Canadians.

Went to Dad's retirement park in Lakeland, FL last Feb. First thing I did was wash all the Michigan gray salt off my Taurus (I knew the real color was under there somewhere.).

Next day I got up to find dew all over my newly washed car. It was 60*F and beautiful. I was in my tee shirt, toweling all the water off, and sweat was rolling off. All of a sudden, Dad came out and said he got three calls from the neighbors. They were concerned I'd certainly catch my DEATH of cold. Ok, they're seniors, right?

Next evening, we're having a late dinner. It was 9pm and 60* when we returned to the car at the restaurant. There were a crowd of college kids huddled around, with blazers on. They were visibly shivering and loudly complaining about the cold.

Maybe this Detroit-layer of fat insulates me, or maybe I'm part polar bear. But the past few nights, it went down to 50* here; perfect. Put a shirt on and work all night long, building my Y-Block. Actually it's done, but I'm building a stand (to mount the tranny).
                    Last edited by simplyconnected; September 19, 2009, 12:48 PM. Reason: I'm old.
                    Member, Sons of the American Revolution

CLICK HERE to see my custom hydraulic roller 390 FE build.

"We've got to pause and ask ourselves: How much clean air do we need?"
                    --Lee Iacocca

Comment

Working...
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎