X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tully
    Experienced
    • Mar 7 2008

Got my 60 from Calf yesterday

I got the 1960 I bought from Chris (old member on here) and unloaded the car today. Going to tackle the brakes first, rears need to seals or replacement. Front thinking of swapping over to DISC and one done this?

Has anyone tried these's?

Dennis in Florida

Unit Body.....

Be sure to check your Unit Body condition first before you start investing money in other areas. The areas to check is where the suspension bolts to the unit body. These areas are known to rust. I'm sure yours is ok however, if it's rusted be sure to fix that area first for safety reasons. My 59 is rusted in that area I described so everything else is on hold until I fix my unit body rust situation. Don't worry about the floor boards unless they are totally gone. The floor boards are not as criticle as the area by the suspension. I've always been one to consider safety and I want you to enjoy your 60 safely......Det45

Comment

• Husky35
      Apprentice
      • Jun 29 2006

Disk Brake Brackets

I do not know about this vendor or how they were made, but I had a similar setup for my F100 and they broke while doing a test drive for a potential buyer. I would recommend the Granada spindles and kit from Drop-n-stop I think you'll have about the same $$ into it. Remember, the 14" wheels won't work with disk brakes.

Rich

Comment

• tully
        Experienced
        • Mar 7 2008

thanks

thanks for the info on the brakes, So granada spindles will fit on a 60?

Comment

• Husky35
          Apprentice
          • Jun 29 2006

I think they have to slightly modify the ball joint holes. Not sure. I played it safe and bought the kit. Came with calipers rotors, hoses, everything. I do know that they are granada spindles.

Comment

• byersmtrco
            Super-Experienced
            • Sep 28 2004

You have to make sure they're off a Granada that had 11" rotors. Most of them were 10".

I have the SBC kit that uses the stock 60 spindles. Look for previous posts.

I have a set of Granada spindles I'll sell. They are for 11". I'll take $150 for em (+ shpg)

I also have a heavy duty frt sway bar for 58-60. $100 for that (hd/ware incl)

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎