Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Gene Cooper
    • Jun 9 2018

Pat Wilson had 1 Solenoid need 1 more and the relay for the deck lid

Is there any one that can open the solenoid and Relay and rebuild them or does anyone have one $150 for the solenoid, I'm in dire need
  • p38fighter
    Super-Experienced
    • Oct 14 2016

Both JEGS and Summit racing sell solenoids. For about $50. Hot Rodders use them to open doors and door locks remotely. I would think modifying the catch would not be that difficult. Easy for me to say as I haven't done it but.........

Comment

• Sherman
      Experienced
      • Aug 22 2009

Hello, I'm not sure if you read my other reply, but is there a chance that the latch is ceased? Can you feel the lack spin freely, if the solenoid was not engaged? Can you hear the solenoid "buzzing" when it has power going to it?

I also think that the deck lid relay is identical to another relay on the car?..Maybe the Power Window?

Comment

• Gene Cooper
        • Jun 9 2018

I've taken the solenoids and relay off and tested

I took all parts off the vehicle and there's no response when I put power to the solenoids and the relay is fused shut when you apply power it gets hot all the latching works fine

Comment

• Sherman
          Experienced
          • Aug 22 2009

Just to check, when you bench tested the solenoids they were tested using a good battery, good wire and a good ground?

I kept all of my receipts from my build and this morning was able to look up where I found my solenoids. I did not have any when I started so I was in a slightly different situation, however I ended up finding them through Stefan's T-Birds. Note: this was January 20, 2004 so I don't know if he is still in business. Here is the website: https://www.thundercarsandparts.com/
          Last edited by Sherman; June 30, 2018, 07:52 AM.

Comment

• jopizz
            Super-Experienced

• Nov 23 2009

Originally posted by Gene Cooper
            and the relay is fused shut when you apply power it gets hot all the latching works fine
            Most relays can be taken apart and fixed. I've done it many times. That's what I would do since new ones are not available.

John
            John Pizzi - Squarebirds Administrator

Thunderbird Registry #36223
            jopizz@squarebirds.org 856-779-9695

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm

Comment

• Tbird1044
              Super-Experienced
              • Jul 31 2012

Stefan should still be around as I bought a rear 1/4 panel from him about 2-3 years ago. He has quite an inventory of used parts.
              Nyles

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎