X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Gold Bird
    Experienced
    • Nov 9 2007

Front seat foam help!

Have been waiting for the front seat foams for over 8 weeks from Thunderbird headquarters, just called today and said their company in Arizona is out of business. Looks like Larrys gets their stuff from them too. I just called the Bird nest and they have to order them and he was not sure about availability. If they don't have them any suggestions? I have the new rear seat foam from our friend Jed. Thanks for the help
    sigpic1960 Gold Bird, original owner since new. tbirdregistry #3158
  • YellowRose
    Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

Front seat foam help!

Hi Tom,

Have you checked with Jed on the availability of front seat foams? I was thinking that I bought mine from Jed, but I just checked my invoices and I see that I got mine from the Bird Nest. I was thinking that Jed made the front seat sets also. It looks like he will have a market to do so, if that company that was making them went out of business.

Check with Mac's Auto Parts, Bob's Bird House, John Draxler at the Thunderbird Ranch, and others that I missed here. Check the Home page for the information on contacting them. Hopefully, someone still has some in stock.

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
    The Terminator..... VTCI #11178 ITC #6000 Yellow Mustang Registry (YMR) #12188
    Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm
    Faye's Ovarian Cancer Memorial Website.
    https://faye.rayclark.info/index.html

Comment

Tom and Ray, years ago I had made the front foams for my 58 bird, but when doing so had not made template patterns for them. I could certainly make the front seat foams providing I had the old foams to work from, regardless of how beat up they are. I would calipher the overall measurements from the shop manual schematics to scale and extract those measurements to patterns. The old foams would be helpful to me just in setting up contour lines and a few measurements like slicing the foams for the splines. feel free to contact me if you like. ca58tbird@aol.com or askhow@aol.com or 612-708-2144. I see Ray left a voice mail for me earlier today, so will call him back. Thanks guys.

Comment

Tom, just got off the fon with Ray. He will be sending me one set of his old front seat foams so I will have them to use for patterning my templates. So yes I can make the front foams and can do it for the same price as Larry's was selling them for.

Comment

• Anders
          Super-Experienced
          • Jan 19 2008

Love the people on this forum!
          sigpic..."Lil darling Ruth":)
          http://www.tbirdregistry.com/#33158

Comment

• Gold Bird
            Experienced
            • Nov 9 2007

What a great group of people! Zed and Ray, much appreciate your time and effort. I did talk with someone at Bird nest and he told me that he was going to check with his source about the foams and get back to me right away. Have not heard back but he said it normally takes about 4-5 days to get them, sounds good if its true. My interior guy has been waiting since November to get started, he has done the back seat though, big thanks to Jed for that one! I think I will give Bird nest a couple of days and then check back if they don't call me....

Comment

• partsetal
              Super-Experienced
              • Jun 4 2005

Front Seat Foam

I've got two sets in stock if anyone needs them. Send me a PM for the details.
              Carl

Comment

• Gold Bird
                Experienced
                • Nov 9 2007

Thanks Carl, just sent you a PM. I am going to call Birdnest today, if they don't have them I will cancel the order and get them from you. Thanks! Tom

Comment

• byersmtrco
                  Super-Experienced
                  • Sep 28 2004

Try Concours Parts in Carson City NV

Comment

• Gold Bird
                    Experienced
                    • Nov 9 2007

Carl, Just sent you a PM I would like to buy a set of the front seat foams. Thanks, Tom

Comment

Tom, apparently you had contacted Birds Nest and found out they could not get front seat foams. From what I had understood from your first post in this thread Tbird Hdqtrs and Larrys were also out of stock as the AZ manufacture is now out of business. Following up on last weeks posts, Ray has shipped me one set of his old front seat foams. They should arrive to me tomorrow. Shortly thereafter, with in a day or two, I will be able to go into production and furnish front seat foams to those in need. My turnaround shall be less then a week from client’s date of order to my shipping date. I wonder if anybody is finding the same true of front seat foams for bullet birds as well?

Comment

Just now got off the fon with both TBird Hdqtrs and also Concours. Concours gets the foams from TBird Hdqtrs as they supply most of the parts houses. Tbird Hdqtrs owns the tooling for the molds that are at the manufacturer that is now out of business. Tbird Hdqtrs has found a new manufacturer to start production again in about 8-10 weeks. But they first need to get and transfer from the old manufacture (with locked doors) their tooling and die molds. So I wished them luck and said if I could help them with front seat foams in the interim time period to please contact me directly.

Comment

Keeping you all up to date, received old set of foams in the mail from Ray and now I have completed callipering and templating front seat foams for 58-60 tbirds. Therefore I am ready to start fabricating these foams as demand requires. My turnaround time from order date to shipping will be approximately 3 days on single/double sets. Multiple sets may extend my fabricating and shop time to 5 days. The pricing is $120/single seat set + shipping. I am of course able to ship directly to you or to a 3rd party address. Based upon the nature of your order I shall calculate shipping prior to your sending payment. Most shipping will be most economical with USPS parcel post, however USPS priority or UPS ground may be comparable in some cases. Please feel free to contact me at either askhow@aol.com, ca58tbird@aol.com or 612-708-2144

Comment

• Gold Bird
                            Experienced
                            • Nov 9 2007

Hi Jed, just sent you a PM, I would like a set for my gold bird. Thanks, Tom

Comment

Tom, PM and email replied to you. Thank you. I am ordering foam tomorrow enough for several sets, so no problem getting yours out to you by end of week.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎