No announcement yet.

Progress on my power steering up-grade

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Progress on my power steering up-grade

I’m pretty much wrapping up my power steering upgrade now. A new modified Saginaw 605 box with a new Saginaw pump replaced the original steering gear, ram cylinder, and control valve. I am so happy to get rid of all that old leaky crap. It is only three and a half turns lock to lock. A big improvement over the five and a half turns. I got the kit from Gearheads Cruiser Products. http://www.ndgearheadscruiserproducts.com/ . There are some modifications involved especially with the steering column but so far it was well worth it. I have not taken it out on the road yet but I am confident it will be real nice judging by the feel of it when the car is running. I also replaced the original power brake booster with the Dual 7 inch Corvette booster with the master cylinder I picked up at Carlisle. This should work well with my disc brakes. It also dresses up the engine compartment quite a bit. I should be able to road test it in a couple of days. If anyone is planning this type of mod, I can provide some good details. I am told by Frank (the owner of Gearheads) that it will drive like an 05 Crown Vic (or Grand Marquis).
Working...
😀
🥰
🤢
😎
😡
👍
👎