No announcement yet.

Flairbird Sighting

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flairbird Sighting

Saw a Flairbird today, October 5, 2004, at approximately 4:20 PM travelling north on Rte 7 in New Haven, VT

It was white, with VT plates, and in respectable condition as far as I could see traveling at +/- 50 mph going south.
  • SandyBoy
    Super-Experienced
    • Oct 31 2002

RE: Flairbird Sighting

What is a FlairBird, for us stupid people. I never heard of it, and I'm not too shabby on fifties T-Birds.....:9

Comment

a flairbird is a '64-66 T-Bird hence the post on this particular section.

Also called a squarebird II in the header.

I think these cars are really cool next to the '59-60's which are my favorites since long before i could even drive a car ande dreamed of it (in a squarebird).

Not sure what happened with the '61-63's, they look like bombs. Must have been teh Bay of Pigs or something. Maybe that is why McNamara ende up as sec'y of defense.

Comment

please excuse the typo's

Comment

• SandyBoy
          Super-Experienced
          • Oct 31 2002

Thanks for the reply. The 1964-1966 are my personal favorites. But........then again, I have been crazy about the 2002-2004 and can't for the life in me figure out why they have more or less flopped. If I see 1 a month, it's alot! My other fav is the 1972 thru 1976, the "Mark V - Birds". At a recent show, I saw a '64 in turquoise metallic with the tonneau & the Kelsey-Hayes wire wheels with black leather int. I nearly did back flips!

Comment

yeah they are cool.

I like the new 2002-2004 T-Birds as well, not that I would get one unless I had significantly more disposalable income. I like the play on the baby birds with them.

I would think they would be more popular also.

We see even fewer than 1/mo around here...

Comment

• SandyBoy
              Super-Experienced
              • Oct 31 2002

I think one thing that hurt the current 'Bird is the fact that, in many cases, it's a single person's car. Now, if that assumption is correct, one NEEDS 2 people to remove the roof. Then, they need the ROOM to STORE the roof. Then the fabric roof comes up all wrinkled after having been folded in the down posistion from Nov to May.
              I think they should have gone the way of the Mercedes SLK, the Lexus SC and the Cadillac XLR with an aluminum retractible roof. No Fuss, No Muss as they say. After all, it WAS Ford who invented the original "retractible" in late 1956, right? !

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎