No announcement yet.

Vent Glass Seals

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vent Glass Seals

I put new upper vent bar channel seals on my car, my problem is that I do not have small rivets to install the vent window frame seals for the back edge vent window,where can I get these small short rivets?
    Bob M
  • danowens3
    Experienced
    • Dec 29 2005

Bob, I ran into a similar situation last year. Ended up not being able to buy rivets that small in a quantity that I wanted (less than 1000). So I went to a local shop that changes out automotive glass. Seems like they were going to charge me $5 to put in a couple of rivets and then they took a good tour of the car and did not charge me a thing. They were car people and enjoyed helping out another car person. Hope this works for you! Dan 60 Hardtop

Comment

Dan I did find some small rivets at a local shop, I them took a c clamp and ground the screw end down so that it would fit in the glass channel and to my suppries it works I have one done hope to finish the other side today
      Bob M

Comment

• Tom Schmitt
        Apprentice
        • Oct 20 2007

pop rivets

Originally posted by Bob M
        Dan I did find some small rivets at a local shop, I them took a c clamp and ground the screw end down so that it would fit in the glass channel and to my suppries it works I have one done hope to finish the other side today
        Bob M
        I have "POP" rivets small ones not certain if there steel body or aluminum body can check I used them in my 60Bird,
        the rivets work excellent ,but remember the shank/ Body
        should fit the hole size as close as possible.If the hole is oversized the body will not expand enough to fill the hole and set the rivet ( clinch) properly. You will end up with a loose set between the two mating pieces.Using a rivet with a short body length will set properly but you'll end up with head poppers ie. the mandrel head or nail will set the body but the pressure will force the mandrel head to separate ,what you'll have is an eyelet apparance,a hole through the body allowing water to seep thru.....
        How do I know ,only 25 years designing fasteners for POP Rivet.

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎