No announcement yet.

Common problem?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Common problem?

Is it common for the frame around the leaf spring shackles to completely rust out. the rest of the undercarriage is in good shape, just about a foot worth of frame around the shackles and no the car was never on the ground and it s a 63
  • Alexander
    Webmaster
    • Oct 30 2002

RE: Common problem?

The back of that must have been in some damp place or covered with mud to experience an isolated rust-out like that.

Alexander
    1959 Hardtop
    1960 Golde Top
    Alexander
    1959 Hard Top
    1960 Golde Top
    sigpic

Comment

Where abouts do you live/where the car is/was?

Comment

The car was originally in southern kansas then went to des moines for the past ten years and now is in northeast kansas and for those past ten or so years the car was outside but i wouldnt think it would rust out so specifically

Comment

somebody could have started to replace the leaf shackles and sprayed some lube on them or sanded em down to try and pull them off then gave up thus leaving some bare metal. and like alexandar said it could have been left near some standing water. Are you trying to repaint the frame and undercarriage?

Comment

Well thats a long way down the road i have to get it on the road first and i dont think any bodys done anything to this car everything is still original on the suspension and in side the car the previous owner put a tune up on it and thats it but eventually i would like to have it painted top to bottom

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎