Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Detroit Free Press: Toyota lead all automakers with most recalled vehicles in 2009

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS Robot
    The Source
    • Jan 29 2007

Detroit Free Press: Toyota lead all automakers with most recalled vehicles in 2009

Filed under: Government/Legal, Recalls, Safety, Chrysler, Ford, GM, Tesla

2009 has seen a bumper crop of automobile recalls. The Detroit Free Press reports that there were 15.2 million units recalled this year - nearly double the 8.6 million vehicles that were called back in all of 2008. And the leader of the recall pack was Toyota, with a knee-wobbling 4.87 million cars and trucks recalled due mostly to the Japanese automaker's unintended acceleration issue. Toyota had nine major recalls in all in 2009, with the other big issue coming courtesy of rusting Tundra frames. Toyota took the top spot in recalls for the first time ever this year, which tells you as much about how bad 2009 was for Aichi, Japan-based automaker as it does about its history of making high-quality automobiles.

This year's second biggest offender? Ford Motor Company. The Blue Oval recalled 4.52 million vehicles to land in second place in the recall rankings, due mainly to the company's ongoing issue with cruise control modules. Without the years-old cruise control issue, Ford would have had posted best year ever. General Motors rounded out the top three, with 2.24 million recalls announced in 2009, thought it is worth noting that the Detroit, MI-based automaker's 17 total recalls was the most of any automaker. Chrysler actually had a good 2009 - at least when it comes to recalls - with just under 600,000 vehicles affected. Head over to the Detroit Free Press for the complete ranking of 2009 recalls by automaker.

[Source: Detroit Free Press]Detroit Free Press: Toyota lead all automakers with most recalled vehicles in 2009 originally appeared on Autoblog on Wed, 30 Dec 2009 11:30:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Read | Permalink | Email this | Comments

More...
  • SandyBoy
    Super-Experienced
    • Oct 31 2002

Thumbs Down !

It had nothing to do with the floor mat! That was a smoke-screen to ease the "damage". I would never buy / own any foreign car. Not that some of them are good...but I am an American and therefore I try to support the American economy, the American workforce and am proud to do so.
    The foreign cars that I would want, I cannot afford, anyhow!

1. Audi S8 V12 Sedan with Lambo V12 underbonnet.
    2. Jaguar XK-R Convertible
    3. Aston Martin 2+2 Coupe

Comment

Working...
    😀
    🥰
    🤢
    😎
    😡
    👍
    👎