X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Rigormortor
    Experienced
    • Mar 5 2010

Our 59 Square

Well here is my wifes Squarebird. We bought her and had her shipped out from the west coast. we have been driving her around for the last 2 days. What a nice ride.

On Cardomain - http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3841411
  • simplyconnected
    Administrator
    • May 26 2009

Greg, welcome to Squarebirds. You really have a beautiful car. Your wife has exquisite taste in classic cars, and I hope you both enjoy many years of great cruises.

My friend, Richard Hord, lives near you. I hope you guys get together as good weather is approaching fast and you guys can cruise together.

It looks like your car is pretty much done, but if you have any questions about it, let us know. This site has many great restorers and enthusiasts who spent their whole lives with their Thunderbird. - Dave
    Member, Sons of the American Revolution

CLICK HERE to see my custom hydraulic roller 390 FE build.

"We've got to pause and ask ourselves: How much clean air do we need?"
    --Lee Iacocca

Comment

• Dan Leavens
      Moderator / Administrator

• Oct 4 2006

Greg she is a beauty and I am sure your wife will love going for a cruise. I started off with getting my wife a 58 HT and then liked it so much, I got myself a 60 HT to take both to the S&S'S together. There is hope for you as well. Great pixs and love the colour. What interior code is on the 59??
      Dano Calgary,Alberta Canada
      Thunderbird Registry
      58HT #33317
      60 HT (Sold )

Comment

• Dutchbird
        Experienced

• Dec 20 2005

Hi Greg,

Congrats on the new ride!
        Thanks for posting, she's looking great. Gives your wife wings..........

(Looking forward to see a picture of your '59 Dodge and the '59 Squarebird together if possible)

Comment

• Rigormortor
          Experienced
          • Mar 5 2010

Originally posted by Dan Leavens
          Greg she is a beauty and I am sure your wife will love going for a cruise. I started off with getting my wife a 58 HT and then liked it so much, I got myself a 60 HT to take both to the S&S'S together. There is hope for you as well. Great pixs and love the colour. What interior code is on the 59??
          The Interior is "Hickory Tan" I was told, the code by the build sheet is "5Y" which says tan and white. I will post pics on the Interior in a day or so. I have to take them first The seats and headliner are original and in great shape. The carpet, back deck, dash and door panels are new. NOS.... maybe, dont know..... the car has been garaged it's whole life. We plan on cruising the car tomorrow, so I will try to take the pics then.
          Last edited by Rigormortor; March 12, 2010, 10:06 PM.

Comment

Thanks Dave! Hey Greg she is a beauty. Hope to catch up with you someday soon and talk Thunderbirds!
            Richard D. Hord

Comment

• YellowRose
              Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

Our 59 Square

Hi Greg!

That is one beautiful Bird! Your wife has a true thing of beauty to drive around in! It looks like it has been well taken care of. I am looking forward to seeing the interior pix when you can get them posted. And a pic of the '59 Dodge and the '59 Tbird together would be cool!

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
              The Terminator..... VTCI #11178 ITC #6000 Yellow Mustang Registry (YMR) #12188
              Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm
              Faye's Ovarian Cancer Memorial Website.
              https://faye.rayclark.info/index.html

Comment

• Anders
                Super-Experienced
                • Jan 19 2008

Agree with everybody here. Beutiful car. I was very close to buy a Gold ( Tan? ) colored ´60 just before I found "Ruth".
                I think gold colors is the perfect mix between Hot Rod and Elegance. It works for every situation from the "BBQ with the blokes" as well as going to the opera
                sigpic..."Lil darling Ruth":)
                http://www.tbirdregistry.com/#33158

Comment

Greg
                  Very Very nice and I know your wife loves it, maybe we will see you this summer at the the Castle Shows car shows in Louisville
                  Bob M

Comment

• Rigormortor
                    Experienced
                    • Mar 5 2010

Originally posted by Bob M
                    Greg
                    Very Very nice and I know your wife loves it, maybe we will see you this summer at the the Castle Shows car shows in Louisville
                    Bob M
                    Yes, this will be our 3rd car show season this year. We go up in the Louisville area and down to the towns near bowling green. You will see us up in Louisville, if you know of any shows on the May 1-2 weekend let me know. Greg.

Comment

Greg
                      Try the web sites for car shows
                      kentuckycarclubs.com
                      carshow news .com
                      southernknightsofcentralkentucky,com

Comment

• Rigormortor
                        Experienced
                        • Mar 5 2010

Originally posted by Bob M
                        Greg
                        Try the web sites for car shows
                        kentuckycarclubs.com
                        carshow news .com
                        southernknightsofcentralkentucky,com
                        Thanks Bob. I do goto the Kentuckycarclubs one, I will thry the other one and see what I find.

Also..... repainted the air cleaner today and installed a new WIX air filter

Last edited by Rigormortor; March 16, 2010, 06:51 PM.

Comment

• brandonian
                          Apprentice
                          • Aug 4 2007

THAT IS A BEAUTIFUL COLOR!!! Do you guys fight over who gets to drive it?

Comment

• Rigormortor
                            Experienced
                            • Mar 5 2010

Originally posted by brandonian
                            THAT IS A BEAUTIFUL COLOR!!! Do you guys fight over who gets to drive it?
                            LOL..... I drive it the most, but my wife is always saying "Lets take out the T-Bird" Last Saturday we planned on taking her car and mine to a cruise in, I have a 59 Dodge, at the last minute we ended up leaving the Dodge in her garage and just cruised the T-Bird.... I bought new leaf springs I need to put on this weekend, plus a CVR for the gauges.

Comment

Nice bird ...

and driving them is what it's all about. Sounds like your having fun with it. Mike

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎