No announcement yet.

carburetor dash pot

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

carburetor dash pot

Can anyone describe or send me a picture of what the dash pot on an original carburetor looks like for a 352? Does it have a spring on it? Is it all metal, or metal and plastic?

Thanks, Tom Young
  • Alexander
    Webmaster
    • Oct 30 2002

RE: carburetor dash pot

I think it has a spring on it.

My 1960 has a original carburetor, I will take a picture of the dashpot this weekend.

Alexander
    1959 Hardtop
    1960 Golde Top
    Alexander
    1959 Hard Top
    1960 Golde Top
    sigpic

Comment

• Alexander
      Webmaster
      • Oct 30 2002

This a close-up of my 1960 Thunderbird Golde Top carburetor. It is all original on the outside. Note the holes in the choke plate which was done in 1960 only.

This my 1959 Thunderbird carburetor. It is a later year carburetor. The 1959 T-bird carburetor had a smaller flap inside the choke plate. I do have the top half of one of these carburetors. I am looking for a bottom half. The dashpot shown on the carburetor below is very similar to the original in 1959.

Alexander
      1959 Hardtop
      1960 Golde Top
      Alexander
      1959 Hard Top
      1960 Golde Top
      sigpic

Comment

Hi,

Your 1959 Thunderbird carburetor looks like mine 1960 Thunderbird carburetor. You say it’s a later year carburetor. Interesting, what year is it? On my carburetor Tag I can read EFA OAC and under that 4AD.

Comment

• Alexander
          Webmaster
          • Oct 30 2002

I will try to check the markings on the carburetor this weekend. I don't offhand remember what year the carburetor is.

Does your caburetor tag say FoMoCo or Autolite? This is an original 1960 Thunderbird carburetor tag, the 1959 is similar:

Alexander
          1959 Hardtop
          1960 Golde Top
          Alexander
          1959 Hard Top
          1960 Golde Top
          sigpic

Comment

Thanks,

The first thing I noticed was that my carburetor has two similar bowl vents on the primary and secondary bowl, when the 1960 carburetor has it only on the primary bowl.

I now noticed that my carburetor is not exactly like yours. Note the feet’s of the left barrels, yours have rings, mine have not. The above side of the secondary operating diaphragm assembly is also little different.

The marking on the left side of the front bowl reads 112 in a clock like circle with three dots between twelve and one.

The carburetor tag says FoMoCo.

I have sent pictures by e-mail of my carburetor, the tag and the mark on the carburetor.

Regards
            :7

Comment

• Alexander
              Webmaster
              • Oct 30 2002

Eric sent pictures of his carburetor:

and the tag on it:

His carburetor looks a little different than the 1960 carburetor I have on my 1960 which is original. His does not have the secondary bowl vent as he noted, but it does have the holes on the choke flap that was found on 1960, but also found in 1961 and 1963 and probably 1962.

An original 1960 Carburetor:

The identification number is located here as seen in these two 1965 carburetors.

The ID number is in a difficult location to see with the carburetor on the car. I will try to look at my cars tomorrow and see if I can see the numbers.

Alexander
              1959 Hardtop
              1960 Golde Top
              Alexander
              1959 Hard Top
              1960 Golde Top
              sigpic

Comment

Hi,

Thanks to the descriptive pictures, now I found the identification number. It reads C0AE J. Does C0 stand for 1960? Thanks for taking your time on this.

Comment

• Alexander
                  Webmaster
                  • Oct 30 2002

Yes, C0(Cee-Zero)stands for 1960. It is probably the original carburetor. It is interesting that yours has a vent on the secondary fuel bowl while the shop manual and my 1960 carburetor shows no such vent. Possibly it was a late year addition. I am also surprised that your carburetor tag is of a completely different style than the one found on my 1960. I do not know what the markings on the tags mean.

I do know that the marking here that you sent me refers to the venturi size:

Alexander
                  1959 Hardtop
                  1960 Golde Top
                  Alexander
                  1959 Hard Top
                  1960 Golde Top
                  sigpic

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢