X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Alexander
    Webmaster
    • Oct 30 2002

My newest acquisition

This is my latest acquisition. It is a 1960 Thunderbird Hard Top. It has the usual power options - steering, brakes, seats and windows. It does not have air-conditioning. A friend of mine who was the original owner asked me to buy the car so it would find a good home. I will fix up the car and try to fulfill his wish.

The car is totally straight with no rust. The engine and transmission is good. It does need new paint and cosmetics.

Alexander
    1959 Hardtop
    1960 Golde Top
    Alexander
    1959 Hard Top
    1960 Golde Top
    sigpic
  • SandyBoy
    Super-Experienced
    • Oct 31 2002

RE: My newest acquisition

Congrats on your new adopted baby! It looks very nice. Likeing those back-ups !

Comment

• Alexander
      Webmaster
      • Oct 30 2002

There is a very interesting story behind this car. See http://www.squarebirds.org/1960hardtop/index.htm .

Alexander
      1959 Hardtop
      1960 Golde Top
      Alexander
      1959 Hard Top
      1960 Golde Top
      sigpic

Comment

• Rockin Kev
        Experienced
        • Oct 31 2002

Nice one Alex! looks a real nice straight car so have fun, i know you will!. also thanks for the record company page off the site page marked Gloria, as iam a Doo wop Record collector so that will be handy.
        Just come off the telephone with a gentleman in Sacramento CA who has just fished out a clean Golde top! out of a barn where it has been for over 30 years!.
        His name is Richard, i have passed on the web site details to him and i hope to see him as a member here soon.
        Richard has purchased this car as a retirement gift to himself to restore and enjoy!(good man!).
        I also have details on a Black fully optioned Golde top with AC and the Rare! Lincoln 430 engine in RIVERSIDE CA. asking $9500.00.
        Looks a good clean older restoration, but at that price i bet it will soon be sold.

Kevin 60 Golde top
        England.

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎