Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'59 Convertible - Spotted In Canada 4 Sale...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • OUR5T8BIRD
    Experienced
    • Mar 1 2017

'59 Convertible - Spotted In Canada 4 Sale...

For sale at the Toronto Classic Fall car auction ( Collector Car Productions ). In case someone is looking . A 1959 black convertible with 20,500 original miles on the clock . this is a rare 3 speed manual transmission Bird .
    H9YJ143747 , 76A A SX 18E 1 - 3 . Mostly all original car. Will have to watch this one go through the auction if I make it there . Oct. 14, 15, 16 .2017 .
    ps. I have no affiliation with CCP .

Here is a link to it that Martin sent me, on the upcoming auction with lots of good pix! I have added it to the Tbird Registry since John did not have it listed.

http://www.ccpauctions.com/lot-detai...097&EventID=98
    Last edited by YellowRose; September 14, 2017, 01:33 PM.
  • Dan Leavens
    Moderator / Administrator

• Oct 4 2006

Martin that is certainly a rare 59 and from the pictures seems to be in excellent shape. The Raven black exterior and black & white interior combo make it pop
    Good catch for someone wanting a Squarebird convert..
    Dano Calgary,Alberta Canada
    Thunderbird Registry
    58HT #33317
    60 HT (Sold )

Comment

• OUR5T8BIRD
      Experienced
      • Mar 1 2017

Originally posted by Dan Leavens
      Martin that is certainly a rare 59 and from the pictures seems to be in excellent shape. The Raven black exterior and black & white interior combo make it pop
      Good catch for someone wanting a Squarebird convert..
      Sold for $ 55K + fees .

Comment

• Dan Leavens
        Moderator / Administrator

• Oct 4 2006

That was a reasonable price
        Dano Calgary,Alberta Canada
        Thunderbird Registry
        58HT #33317
        60 HT (Sold )

Comment

• DKheld
          Super-Experienced
          • Aug 27 2008

The paint peel around the data plate sort of makes me suspicious about the original paint claim - could be - but I'm probably being overly cautious.

Only reason I noticed it is that the paint around the data plate looks similar to mine which has had one re-spray in 1976.

The other point that makes me want to look at the car with a fine tooth comb is the rarity claim. Only 1 of 2 - really? I'm guessing they mean there were only 2 Raven Black Convertible Tbirds with manual trans built in 1959??? Ummm - maybe.

Wonder how you can make that claim when there are no records to back it up??

Don't know about the convertible tops on these cars - is a Haart top OEM or replacement?

I do think it's a really super nice car - hope it's all that is stated.

My problem is I'd want to drive it.............

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎