X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Frango100
    Experienced
    • May 2 2016

Originally posted by OX1
    I'd like to see the pics when you have time.
    Mine works fine, except a clunk going into drive,
    but it leaks all over and someday I figure to
    rebuild it..............
    Regarding the clunk, i would first have a look at both drive shaft CV joints for play.
    Regarding pictures, will not have much time, even to work on the project, but later i will share some pictures.
    sigpicFrank
    1958 T-Bird "Trovão Rosa" - "Rose Thunder"
    Thunderbird registry #61670

Comment

• Frango100
      Experienced
      • May 2 2016

So my vacation started yesterday and now i can find some time to work on the transmission. I started the assembly last week and was able to finish it today. That is, the transmission itself, not the installation into the bird yet.
      I ended today with a fresh layer of paint. Only the transmission pan i will remove again and paint after the installation of the transmission into the bird, because otherwise the new paint will get damaged during the installation process. In fact the transmission almost nobody will see once its installed, only the bell housing will be in view with the hood open, but i like to do it right.
      sigpicFrank

Comment

• Frango100
        Experienced
        • May 2 2016

Finished the installation of the transmission last week. I have to reverse to get out of the garage and that didn't work. Tried some adjustments, but no cure.
        Lowered the transmission pan again and air tested the clutches and servos. All seemed to be working ok. I had installed a new (used) valve body, so i cleaned and installed the old one again and now all is working fine. One to two shifts very smooth and two to three can be felt a bit, but nothing out of the ordinary.First the engine didn't want to idle (after 5 or so months of no use),
        but cleaning the carburator solved that.
        Today i took the Bird out and i'm very happy with the final result.
        sigpicFrank

Comment

• Dan Leavens
          Moderator / Administrator

• Oct 4 2006

Today i took the Bird out and i'm very happy with the final result.

Frank glad to hear that all your time and effort worked out and you are cruisin
          Dano Calgary,Alberta Canada
          Thunderbird Registry
          58HT #33317
          60 HT (Sold )

Comment

• YellowRose
            Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

Transmission rebuild kit

Frank, you have worked hard and long on getting this right, not to mention you did it without the benefit of having a Tbird parts house close by to obtain parts from. And the additional expense of having them shipped to you from this area once you did. Now I hope you will be able to enjoy the benefits of having her back in normal operating conditions again! Congratulations!

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
            The Terminator..... VTCI #11178 ITC #6000 Yellow Mustang Registry (YMR) #12188
            Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm
            Faye's Ovarian Cancer Memorial Website.
            https://faye.rayclark.info/index.html

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎