No announcement yet.

Strange happenings with the 352

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strange happenings with the 352

I drove my t-bird this morning to my favorite shop to have them pull the heads. I put a little water in the radiator and I was off. I was driving the high way and the temp needle was between the T/E everything was going fine. There was a slight miss in the motor however at highway you coild not tell. I got a mile from the shop when the car's temp went to the "p" no knocking or bad idle. I pulled into the shop and cut the car off, tyhe mechanic came out and started the car and noticed steam coming from one side of the pipes. There is something wrong however this looks so minor. They are going to pull the heads tomorrow and we will see what all this is about.
  • Alexander
    Webmaster
    • Oct 30 2002

RE: Strange happenings with the 352

I hope you don't have a crack in the block.

Alexander
    1959 Hardtop
    1960 Golde Top
    Alexander
    1959 Hard Top
    1960 Golde Top
    sigpic

Comment

Alexander what would be the signs of that? Would it leave water on the ground? would that make the car miss? How could I tell?

Comment

• Alexander
        Webmaster
        • Oct 30 2002

The steam in the exhaust still could just be a leaky head gasket, but a cracked water jacket could cause the same sign.

Alexander
        1959 Hardtop
        1960 Golde Top
        Alexander
        1959 Hard Top
        1960 Golde Top
        sigpic

Comment

• byersmtrco
          Super-Experienced
          • Sep 28 2004

A slight miss & steam in the exhaust . . . Best case senerio, hd/gskt. Worse case, cracked head and/or block. As stated before FE motors are pretty beefy. You REALLY gotta "try" to grenade one. Running W/O coolant is a pretty good attempt though . . .
          Good luck !!!!!

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎