X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello everyone
  • Penelope
    Super-Experienced
    • Mar 4 2008

Hi there from Down Under. I too am a new member. These forums are excellent. I am in the process of restoring my 60 HT and have solved many issues already with the search function. We dont have a great many T-Birds in Western Australia. I have taken mine to a couple of car shows and I always have the only squarebird (just wish they had a separate trophy for them - I would clean up!). I actually live 1800 miles from where mine is garaged so we have a long distance love affair. I tracel down there each month or so and always find something to check out from these forums.

Bill, (car name is Penelope)
    Last edited by Penelope; April 9, 2008, 07:52 AM. Reason: forgot to sign off
    sigpicBill
    Thunderbird Registry 21903 & 33405

Comment

Hello again......

Please excuse my first message, not sure how to navagate this site. I just bought a 1959 two door coupe and I would like to post some pictures. Can anyone tell me how to post pictures of my T-Bird? Great site!!!!!

Comment

• RustyNCa
        Super-Experienced
        • May 31 2007

Originally posted by Det45
        Please excuse my first message, not sure how to navagate this site. I just bought a 1959 two door coupe and I would like to post some pictures. Can anyone tell me how to post pictures of my T-Bird? Great site!!!!!
        First you need to get your photos on a web site like photobucket. I use a program called flock to upload and manage the photos on photobucket makes it almost idiot proof which is perfect for me....

www.flock.com
        www.photobucket.com

Opps, and welcome to the club, everyone here welcomed me with open arms as a newbie, only fair I pass on the tradition eh?

Comment

Det45
          Welcome to the site This is a great site to get your questions answered no matter how simple the question or how hard you will find the answere
          99.99% of the time and just to let you know I think that I have ask many simple question and have gotten alot of help.
          I use photobucket for my pictures My only problem is my spelling.
          Bob M

Comment

• tbird430
            Super-Experienced
            • Jun 18 2007

Welcome from Wichita Falls, TX.
            sigpic
            The 1960 Ford Thunderbird. The WORLD'S most wanted car....

VTCI Member#6287.

Comment

• YellowRose
              Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

Welcome Det45!

Glad to have you aboard. You will find a wealth of information and personal experience here from the guys who have been there and done that with or to their Birds over the years. You might want to talk with John of Thunderbird Ranch, or Don at Bird Nest or others about parts or pieces you are going to need to replace the rusted pieces. They both have parts cars to pull things from, as does Southwest Thunderbird in LaGrange (and other parts places). You can google them to find their phone numbers and websites. Order the free catalogs. They will be a big help to you.

Good luck with you Bird! It is going to be an interesting and fun journey, I am sure.

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
              The Terminator..... VTCI #11178 ITC #6000 Yellow Mustang Registry (YMR) #12188
              Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm
              Faye's Ovarian Cancer Memorial Website.
              https://faye.rayclark.info/index.html

Comment

• Anders
                Super-Experienced
                • Jan 19 2008

If you have Photoshop, you can save "save for web", and reduce the size so this web accept it.
                You can use the little Yellow "Letter icon" above where you write your posts, or scroll down to Additional Options ( underneatch the window you write in ) and look up "Attach file" and the button "Manage Attachments". Press that one, and just brows to you picture in your files.
                I use a iMac and is not yet familiar with "iPhoto" and stuff yet, so I cheet a little.
                I go to my pictures, and mail them to myself (!). Then they become smaller in size, and I save them again, and can attach them. ( must beat the system )

Testing here. Donīt pay any attension to the little figure next to the cars please...

Anyone know if the chromed Air-intake was an option?
                Attached Files
                Last edited by Anders; April 9, 2008, 04:33 PM.
                sigpic..."Lil darling Ruth":)
                http://www.tbirdregistry.com/#33158

Comment

• Dan Leavens
                  Moderator / Administrator

• Oct 4 2006

Keith as the others have said, welcome to our site and hope you visit often and join in on the many threads. If I can help you navigate our site send me an e-mail and I will be glad to help. For now, our members have answered some of your questions and good luck with your squarebird.

Dano Calgary,Alberta Canada
                  Dano Calgary,Alberta Canada
                  Thunderbird Registry
                  58HT #33317
                  60 HT (Sold )

Comment

Thank you all again for the great advice! Great site and Great people......Det45 San Antonio Texas

Comment

• tbird430
                      Super-Experienced
                      • Jun 18 2007

The chromed hood scoop was ONE part of the entire exterior dress-up kit. The WHOLE kit had the hood scoop, w/s wiper arm bezels, both headlamp doors, and the surround around the rear t/lamps all chromed.

I'm sure as several Bird lovers have done, the hood scoop was simply sent off & chromed as a matter of personal preference....
                      sigpic
                      The 1960 Ford Thunderbird. The WORLD'S most wanted car....

VTCI Member#6287.

Comment

• Anders
                        Super-Experienced
                        • Jan 19 2008

Thatīs nice. Seems as I have half of that then.
                        But what does "headlamp doors" mean?
                        sigpic..."Lil darling Ruth":)
                        http://www.tbirdregistry.com/#33158

Comment

Anders the headlamp doors are the removeable pieces that surround the headlights.

Comment

Bill welcome to the site.The wife and I where just talking about moving to San Antonio.I heard that constructioin is booming there.I bet it has changed a bit since I was at Ft Sam in 68.

Comment

• dgs
                              Super-Experienced
                              • Feb 13 2003

Originally posted by Anders Myrberg
                              You can use the little Yellow "Letter icon" above where you write your posts, or scroll down to Additional Options ( underneatch the window you write in ) and look up "Attach file" and the button "Manage Attachments". Press that one, and just brows to you picture in your files.
                              I think that's only available to Members. Non-members cannot attach images.
                              DGS (aka salguod)
                              1960 Convertible - Raven Black, Red leather
                              www.salguod.net

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎