X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Alexander
    Webmaster
    • Oct 30 2002

New forum - 1957 to 1962 Fords

At the request of one of the people posting on this board, I have formed a conference for 1957 to 1962 Full Size Fords. These were sister cars of the Thunderbirds and share many components with the Thunderbirds, including the big block FE motor. I think both Squarebird and Full Size Ford people can benefit from pooling their knowledge.

Alexander
    1959 Hardtop Thunderbird
    1960 Golde Top Thunderbird
    Alexander
    1959 Hard Top
    1960 Golde Top
    sigpic

RE: New forum - 1957 to 1962 Fords

Is the Bullet Bird site up and running yet??? My father had one and still curses the day he sold it. After my 58 is done.........one of those is next on my list.

Comment

• Alexander
      Webmaster
      • Oct 30 2002

I still need to by a license for a message board that site. The site is set up at http://rocketbirds.org/ .

If I am assured of participation, I will buy the license and set up the message board.

Alexander
      1959 Hardtop
      1960 Golde Top
      Alexander
      1959 Hard Top
      1960 Golde Top
      sigpic

Comment

>Is the Bullet Bird site up and running yet??? My father had
        >one and still curses the day he sold it. After my 58 is
        >done.........one of those is next on my list.

Funny you should say that! My dad had a '62 and hated the idea of selling it -- Of course, so did I because I was next in line to "get" the car.

Comment

• Rockin Kev
          Experienced
          • Oct 31 2002

This is a good idea to have as many parts were interchangeable and the Knowledge to go with it.
          Alex, i will let Dave know about this part of the site as he is very knowledgeable on the big Fords.
          Also being a past owner of 57 Fairlane 500 a 59 Galaxie and a 60 Sunliner and the 61 pillarless Galaxie i owned too. These cars running gear where just a T-Bird in different Skin.
          Kev.

Comment

• Alexander
            Webmaster
            • Oct 30 2002

Kevin, thanks for getting more good minds to this board.

Alexander
            1959 Hardtop
            1960 Golde Top
            Alexander
            1959 Hard Top
            1960 Golde Top
            sigpic

Comment

• 1960Bird
              Experienced
              • Dec 4 2002

My second car was a 1958 ford Fairlane,two door HT (the exterior kinda reminds me of my 60 squarebird) it was only five years old when I got it, it was a 292,auto, but it ran great. Boy, do I remember some good times in that car...even when it was sitting still.LOL

Steve Ronk
              Cedar Rapids, Iowa
              1960 HT 390, Edelbrock Performer RPM Intake, Shorty Headers, 2-1/2" Exhaust and 3.70 Rear Gears
              390, Mild Cam, Headers, 3.70 rear, 2-1/2" Exhaust, Edelbrok Performer RPM Intake, Holley Street Avenger 670 Carburetor, One Wire Alt, Petronix Ignition. She's All Go and No Show.

Comment

• rln31455
                • Jul 30 2004

I have a question regarding the installation of a factory A/C system to my 1960 Sunliner. The system adds a lot weight to the vehicle. The Ford parts manual does not list different front springs when the vehicle is equipped with A/C. Instead front spring shims, to compensate for the additional weight, are listed. I had hoped to remove the springs from the parts car at the junk yard. I was unable to do this due to conditions at the yard. I was wondering if anyone has a pair of these shims or if they have the dimensions of these shims. The Ford part number is B8E 5355-A for fullsize Fords. The part number for 1960 T bird shims is AD 5355-A . If I could obtian the dimensions I could fabricate a pair of shims. I would prefer to have a pair of the correct shims. I want the car to have the correct carrying height and handle and ride as the factory intended. I contacted my Ford dealer parts department and was advised that the part number was obsolete. If anyone knows of a pair of these, I would greatly appreciate help locating these shims. Thanks

Comment

• rln31455
                  • Jul 30 2004

I was able to locate two NOS spring shims usuing www.partsvoice.com . You need a part number to do a search on this site. It was almost too easy! I thought it would take much longer to locate these shims.

Comment

• Alexander
                    Webmaster
                    • Oct 30 2002

That is good to know. Thanks for the information.

Alexander
                    1959 Hardtop
                    1960 Golde Top
                    Alexander
                    1959 Hard Top
                    1960 Golde Top
                    sigpic

Comment

anyone tried 'wyrth rack-pinion kit'.Got to dump Gearheads p/s kit

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎