X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • YellowRose
    Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

Welcome greyfrontier

Welcome to Squarebirds, Joe Cooper in Calif. Joe has a '58 Tbird! As soon as he confirms his email address, I can approve his membership. Joe, if you need any help in navigating our Forums, you can contact me at rayclark07@gmail.com and I will be glad to help. We have the greatest Tbird Techies around the world on here who will be glad to answer questions and help you.

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
    The Terminator..... VTCI #11178 ITC #6000 Yellow Mustang Registry (YMR) #12188
    Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm
    Faye's Ovarian Cancer Memorial Website.
    https://faye.rayclark.info/index.html
  • YellowRose
    Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

Welcome greyfrontier

Hi Joe, I got your email about not being able to log on. You need to find the system automatically generated email that went to your email address you provided when you created your user id. Look in your Spam or Delete folder. Sometimes various email clients put emails that they do not recognize the email address in those folders. Once you find it, click on it, and confirm your email address to the system. Right now, your membership is sitting in the Waiting Email Confirmation queue and will stay there until such time as you find that email and act on it. It is an additional security measure we had to put on to keep the hackers and spammers out. Last year, they were driving us nuts with spam. This and some other security features, has stopped it so far.

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
    The Terminator..... VTCI #11178 ITC #6000 Yellow Mustang Registry (YMR) #12188
    Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm
    Faye's Ovarian Cancer Memorial Website.
    https://faye.rayclark.info/index.html

Comment

Welcome Joe

What part of Calif are you in --- Im in Southern Calif--this is a great bunch of people nad they have forgotten more about these birds than I ll ever know --once again welcome

Comment

• bird 60
        Super-Experienced
        • Mar 18 2009

Hi Jack, I think I'm missing something. Excuse my ignorance but I can't make out your message.

Chris....From the Land of OZ.

Comment

• Dan Leavens
          Moderator / Administrator

• Oct 4 2006

Joe also welcome to our truly international site, where you will find the most knowledgeable birders around. Ask any question answer where you can and participate often
          It's nice to see another 58 owner on our site
          Dano Calgary,Alberta Canada
          Thunderbird Registry
          58HT #33317
          60 HT (Sold )

Comment

• Coral
            Super-Experienced

• Apr 3 2009

Welcome aboard Joe!

Comment

• greyfrontier
              • Apr 24 2009

58 h/t

bought this thing about 6 years ago. acording to great granddaughter i am second owner. her great grandfather bought it new and at 33k miles he departed for the land of unlimited birds. sat for 39 years in garage because widow did not like to drive it, too hard to get in and out of and doors hit curbs when she parked. her chevy sedans were her choice. went into assisted living and g-g-daughter posted it on internet, bought it for couple of bucks and trailered it home. ABSOLUTELY no rust. all original & interior still smells new. front seats & dash cooked by sun coming thru window in garage. upholstery, except for aforementioned, still like new. Foam crumbles at touch so back seat off limits. electronic ignition only change and repro fender guides i put on. sun destroyed plastic in originals. still has mickey mouse ws washer pump/vacumn/fanbelt setup. paint dead so had it repainted. another story.
              now, my problem. only 58 owners know that 58's were a B------ year. look at catalogs and they go 55-56-57, 59-60, 61-62-63, etc. lots of parts not interchangeable with 59-60's. my bird has too much glass on the driver side and not enough glass on the passenger side so i need some help. i was in a parade and decided to lower the windows as i approached the judges stand (looks more better with windows down) and passenger side responded to electrons and dutifully went down. hit button for driver side and driver window made and effort and died. same with quarter panel window. tried to raise passenger side and they had joined their soul mates in quite repose and refused to move. indications of a blown fuse, right? Ah Ha! where is fuse panel on 58? ain't none i can find. have found three fuses. one in light switch. one hanging in a fuse holder. and a tiny buss type that i don't know what it does. have been told by bird restorers that 58's used fuse links instead of fuses. have looked for pregnant wires without success. does anyone have any idea on where i should start to try to find the problem. please help bring harmony again to the grey-
              frontier household getting my windows to come to life again. ulterior motive in all of this. i want to park the bird in front of the chevy dealership that sponsors our corvette club (91 convert) at our next meeting and show them what a real classic car looks like. had a 58 before in 1960.

Comment

• bird 60
                Super-Experienced
                • Mar 18 2009

Hi Joe & welcome to the club. I read your profile & I tell you what, I tip my hat off to you. Before you know it someone will come to your aid & help you out.

Chris....From the Land of OZ.

Comment

• tbird430
                  Super-Experienced
                  • Jun 18 2007

Welcome aboard sir.

More than likely you will need to remove the door panels & the window motors. They will need to be replaced or rebuilt somewhere that specializes in small elec. motors. However, I would try 1st to clean the power window switch contacts with CRC brand Electronics Cleaner (available at any good auto store).

Goodluck,
                  Jon in TX.
                  sigpic
                  The 1960 Ford Thunderbird. The WORLD'S most wanted car....

VTCI Member#6287.

Comment

• Coral
                    Super-Experienced

• Apr 3 2009

Of all things bizzar...I just happen to have a 58 new owners handbook here
                    While the area is skimpy about your power lift windows, I can scan the Specs pages for you...the fuses are all on power feed wires - no box or panel
                    there are no fuses listed for the window switch
                    I also have an old switch around here somewhere that I will dig up to have alooky at....

Comment

• Coral
                      Super-Experienced

• Apr 3 2009

GADS this took forever!

Let me know if you can read them OK...or would like a copy emailed to you -

Comment

• greyfrontier
                        • Apr 24 2009

coral, bird460,gte,john g, mintgreenbird(jack),et al. thanks much for the input. got it, coral. jack, spam blocker blocked your message. took bird out for old farts breakfast this am and wore gloves, had, sweatshirt, and jacket. tell me this is not dedication to endure this just to show off a car. 34 degrees when i left at 7:15 and warmed up to 42 by 9:30. that right side airconditioning worked perfectly. again, thanks to all. now have a hint of where to start before i start dismantleing the car or duct taping plastic sheeting over the hole on passenger side.jack my cell 661-428-8644. joe greyfrontier@wildblue.net

Comment

• Coral
                          Super-Experienced

• Apr 3 2009

34 degrees in CA?
                          How far from Sacramento are you? One of my uncles lives there, he must be wheeping in his wheaties about now... LOL

Glad the pix turned out ok...I can send a copy if you like...

I did locate the old power switch, would it be helpful to have some pix or ?
                          I know this one had one non-responsive tab that would stick down....

Comment

Working...
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎