This will take you to the main site where there is history, technical information and other information on these cars.
This takes you back to the main page of the forums.
This is the control panel to change your password, information and preferences on this message board.
Click here if your lost your password or need to register on this message board. You must be a registered user to post. Registration is free.
Search this board for information you need.
Click here to buy cool Squarebirds mechandise.
Click here to support Squarebirds.org. For $20 annually receive 20mBytes webspace, a Squarebirds e-mail address and member's icon on the message board.
Old 07-28-2009, 12:57 PM
Super-Experienced

RustyNCa is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewrocks View Post
The company that makes the 50 ford/thunderbird kit is called easyrods. Here is a link to a lode of pictures of finished cars. If you go to thier home page there are some cool pics of a 57 chev kit that is applied to a Camero.
Interesting but I don't think that 57 looks right... So I could take my Camaro which looks like this.

and make it look like this?

I don't think it flows right, but it would be one way to get a cheap good driving 57. I think it might have worked better if they had use a 55 or 56 Belair body.

Actually what might work would be an Olds Dynamic 88 body line...

Old 07-28-2009, 03:22 PM
Super-Experienced

Coral has disabled reputation

well, RustyNCa....personally, Im diggin' the 57 conversion of the camaro .... we keep this stuff up and Coral might end up looking like something else...

JUST KIDDING <I could hear gasps from around the world>
Old 07-29-2009, 07:18 AM

Anders is on a distinguished road

Wierd! Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy??? Would actually look a lot better with steel rims & hub caps.

Except for the wheels, G R E A T car!
http://www.tbirdregistry.com/#33158
Old 07-29-2009, 01:43 PM
Super-Experienced

RustyNCa is on a distinguished road

[quote=Anders Myrberg;35225]Wierd! Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy??? Would actually look a lot better with steel rims & hub caps.

Except for the wheels, G R E A T car!
[quote]

Yeah, I agree they shouldn't have run the C5 corvette wheels on it.

And again I agree the old Dynamic bubble tops are nice. I have a friend in the middle of building one.

His won't remotely stock however. He is running a twin turboed LS-6 with a six speed auto, C5 running gear on an Art Morris chassis.

Here are some photos he has sent me of it.

Old 07-29-2009, 01:51 PM

Anders is on a distinguished road

Canīt figure out why some think an old body looks better with new wheels In my opinion, it dates the car way to much as wheels are so short term modern. Like Radios / CDīs etc.
Like tatoos You can usally see when it was done by the symbol / picture...
http://www.tbirdregistry.com/#33158
Old 07-29-2009, 04:49 PM
Super-Experienced

Coral has disabled reputation

those tires don't even make sense on that car....

Old 07-31-2009, 01:55 AM
Super-Experienced

dgs is on a distinguished road

That '57 Chevy is actually a late model (Generation 4) Camaro with a body kit made by Easy Rods, I think. Interesting, but the proportions are odd.

The Olds would have looked better with more of the chrome left on it. Wheels are too modern and too small.

I think the cars of '55 - '65 look fabulous with some larger wheels, but only if they are the right kind. Boyd, Foose and American Racing all make wheel styles in modern sizes that compliment the old styling. These cars drip with style, some new alloys and lowering and they look fantastic.