This will take you to the main site where there is history, technical information and other information on these cars.
This takes you back to the main page of the forums.
This is the control panel to change your password, information and preferences on this message board.
Click here if your lost your password or need to register on this message board. You must be a registered user to post. Registration is free.
Search this board for information you need.
Click here to buy cool Squarebirds mechandise.
Click here to support Squarebirds.org. For $20 annually receive 20mBytes webspace, a Squarebirds e-mail address and member's icon on the message board.
Old 12-15-2008, 11:02 AM
The Source

RSS Robot is on a distinguished road
Post Foreign autos vandalized to promote buying American

Filed under: Government/Legal, Chrysler, LLC., Ford, GM

Tensions are high in the Motor City, with good reason. At this point, the only chance General Motors and Chrysler have of avoiding bankruptcy is for President Bush to tap the remaining $15 billion from the first half of the $700 billion TARP fund. Unfortunately, the stress of the situation has gotten the better of some folks in SE Michigan. Four vehicles with foreign nameplates were vandalized recently at a Woodhaven, Michigan strip mall, just a stone's throw away from a Ford stamping plant. Each of the vehicles had two slashed tires and the phrase "Buy American" written on them. Surveillance video caught one middle-aged gentleman as he got out of a red Ford Escape to slash one of the car's tires and write something on it. Police say, however, they have no evidence that links Ford employees from the stamping plant to these acts of vandalism. We hope that remains the case, as headlines of organized labor attacking innocent Hondas and Toyotas is the last thing the Detroit 3 needs as it awaits the cash-filled hands of our lame duck president. Thanks for the tip, Joe!

[Source: Click on Detroit]Foreign autos vandalized to promote buying American originally appeared on Autoblog on Mon, 15 Dec 2008 09:01:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Read | Permalink | Email this | Comments

More...
Old 12-15-2008, 02:32 PM
KULTULZ

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSS Robot View Post

Four vehicles with foreign nameplates were vandalized recently at a Woodhaven, Michigan strip mall, just a stone's throw away from a Ford stamping plant. Each of the vehicles had two slashed tires and the phrase "Buy American" written on them.

Surveillance video caught one middle-aged gentleman as he got out of a red Ford Escape to slash one of the car's tires and write something on it. Police say, however, they have no evidence that links Ford employees from the stamping plant to these acts of vandalism.

We hope that remains the case, as headlines of organized labor attacking innocent Hondas and Toyotas is the last thing the Detroit 3 needs as it awaits the cash-filled hands of our lame duck president.

Thanks for the tip, Joe!
Now let me see if I understand this. A few cars were vandilized, a camera caught a driver of a FORD supposedly doing said damage and as a result, the UAW is now being accused of employing thugs?

Is this creative journalism or do I just see the incident from a different perspective?

I must be getting old. I am from another era.
Old 12-15-2008, 04:41 PM
Super-Experienced

SandyBoy is on a distinguished road

I hate foreign cars. I dislike people who buy them. My rear end will never be in one. I express my distain for them, openly....BUT

I would never, ever lay a hand on another person's property. That is just dead wrong !!!! To purposely damage someone's car, because they were an idiot, and bought foreign is a crime, and plain stupid. I hope they catch them and give it to them good, for defacing a person's property on purpose !!!

WRONG WRONG WRONG ! ! !
Old 12-15-2008, 05:31 PM
KULTULZ

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyBoy View Post

I hate foreign cars. I dislike people who buy them. My rear end will never be in one.
What make of car(s) do you use for daily transportation?

Son, Living at Home: 2001 Jeep Cherokee Limited 4X4 Wagon "Final 500" Edition" - Dark Silver
51,000 miles, and mint "Show" condition - Dark Grey (Charcoal) Leather Interior.

Me: 2003 Lincoln Town Car Spring Special Edition "The Limited" ~ Only 11,000 miles and beautiful condition. - Light Silver Green Metallic - Grey/Beige Interior

My Show Cars: 1990 ascMcLaren Ford Mustang 2-Seat Roadster - Bright Blue Pearl
Light & Medium Blue Interior - Navy Cloth 3-Window Convertible 2,400 Miles

1986 Mercury Capri asc McLaren Bubble-Back Coupe - Charcoal with Orange Striping;
703 original miles 4 time first place trophy winner.

Wife: 2008 Dodge Avenger R/T Sedan - Fire Red - Blk Leather overLOADED

Last edited by SandyBoy : 12-15-2008 at 09:22 PM.
Old 12-15-2008, 07:01 PM

Anders is on a distinguished road

Union Sundown

Well, my shoes, they come from Singapore,
My flashlight's from Taiwan,
My tablecloth's from Malaysia,
My belt buckle's from the Amazon.
You know, this shirt I wear comes from the Philippines
And the car I drive is a Chevrolet,
It was put together down in Argentina
By a guy makin' thirty cents a day.

Well, it's sundown on the union
And what's made in the U.S.A.
Sure was a good idea
'Til greed got in the way.

Well, this silk dress is from Hong Kong
And the pearls are from Japan.
Well, the dog collar's from India
And the flower pot's from Pakistan.
All the furniture, it says "Made in Brazil"
Where a woman, she slaved for sure
Bringin' home thirty cents a day to a family of twelve,
You know, that's a lot of money to her.

Sure was a good idea

Well, you know, lots of people complainin' that there is no work.
I say, "Why you say that for
When nothin' you got is U.S.-made?"
They don't make nothin' here no more,
You know, capitalism is above the law.
It say, "It don't count 'less it sells."
When it costs too much to build it at home
You just build it cheaper someplace else.

Sure was a good idea

Well, the job that you used to have,
They gave it to somebody down in El Salvador.
The unions are big business, friend,
And they're goin' out like a dinosaur.
They used to grow food in Kansas
Now they want to grow it on the moon and eat it raw.
I can see the day coming when even your home garden
Is gonna be against the law.

Sure was a good idea

Democracy don't rule the world,
You'd better get that in your head.
This world is ruled by violence
But I guess that's better left unsaid.
From Broadway to the Milky Way,
That's a lot of territory indeed
And a man's gonna do what he has to do
When he's got a hungry mouth to feed.

Sure was a good idea

Copyright ©1983 Special Rider Music / Bob Dylan

http://www.bobdylan.com/#/songs/union-sundown

http://www.bobdylan.com/#/node/6249
http://www.tbirdregistry.com/#33158
Old 12-16-2008, 05:34 AM
KULTULZ

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by KULTULZ View Post

What make of car(s) do you use for daily transportation?
Quote:
SandyBoys reply;

Son, Living at Home: 2001 Jeep Cherokee Limited 4X4 Wagon "Final 500" Edition" - Dark Silver
51,000 miles, and mint "Show" condition - Dark Grey (Charcoal) Leather Interior.

Me: 2003 Lincoln Town Car Spring Special Edition "The Limited" ~ Only 11,000 miles and beautiful condition. - Light Silver Green Metallic - Grey/Beige Interior

My Show Cars: 1990 ascMcLaren Ford Mustang 2-Seat Roadster - Bright Blue Pearl

1986 Mercury Capri asc McLaren Bubble-Back Coupe - Charcoal with Orange Striping;
703 original miles 4 time first place trophy winner.

Wife: 2008 Dodge Avenger R/T Sedan - Fire Red - Blk Leather overLOADED
You got me. I thought I would find a hole in your defense...
Old 12-16-2008, 07:19 AM
Super-Experienced

Forgot to put color of Son's Jeep. It's a medium/Dark Silver Metallic and is the work-horse of the bunch.
Old 12-16-2008, 07:25 AM
Super-Experienced

Alot of things you cannot help buying non American produced. A person has either no choice at all or a very slim chance of it. Where we can we try to buy products of an American Company. The selections are indeed shrinking fast! I do forsee the day when nothing is 100% American made. It is coming. The USA will be in a depression, atthat time and if ya think things a bad now....as they say, "Ya ain't seen nuttin' yet"!
Old 12-16-2008, 02:10 PM

Anders is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by KULTULZ View Post
You got me. I thought I would find a hole in your defense...

"My Show Cars: 1990 asc McLaren Ford Mustang 2-Seat Roadster - Bright Blue Pearl

1986 Mercury Capri asc [COLOR="red"]McLaren[/color] Bubble-Back Coupe - Charcoal with Orange Striping;
703 original miles 4 time first place trophy winner."
Found it! These McLaren Mustangs would be nothing without the additional McLaren name. And that´s a Brittish company! Founder from New Zeeland. ( My favorite F1 team since I was a kid by the way...)
http://www.tbirdregistry.com/#33158
Old 12-16-2008, 06:02 PM
Super-Experienced

Not really. The cars were hand converted in Michigan by ASC (American Sun Roof Corporation.

The Jeep is more foreign (Mercedes Benz) but....it's a 2001 and that was BEFORE Daimler-Chrysler was formed, which is why later Jeeps might look DEformed !