Puttin on my first car show!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Should be a blast,
    have a friend's big 54 flatbed for a stage and a beer garden.
    Hope we get a good turnout.
  • tarps3
    Super-Experienced
    • Jul 21 2003

If the girl in the poster is there, i might just have to drive out from Oklahoma!!!
    very cool!

man I love flatheads.

are you printing any of those posters??
    Casey

Comment

• RustyNCa
      Super-Experienced
      • May 31 2007

Originally posted by tarps3
      If the girl in the poster is there, i might just have to drive out from Oklahoma!!!
      very cool!

man I love flatheads.

are you printing any of those posters??
      No kidding what an awsome set of legs , nothing is finer than a wonderful set of legs and tush....

Good luck, I imagine doing that is an awful lot of work, if you were closer I would be there to support ya, 100%.

Comment

• tbird430
        Super-Experienced
        • Jun 18 2007

Well good for u EG. Just watch out, if it does turn out to be a hit ur fans will start to expect the event annually!!! LOL!! Then u will be in head over heals...
        sigpic
        The 1960 Ford Thunderbird. The WORLD'S most wanted car....

VTCI Member#6287.

Comment

• Dan Leavens
          Moderator / Administrator

• Oct 4 2006

ElGuapo that's the spirit and pretty soon you will be in demand all up and down the I-5. Good for you and do let us know how it turns out and how many cars etc.

Dano Calgary,Alberta Canada
          Dano Calgary,Alberta Canada
          Thunderbird Registry
          58HT #33317
          60 HT (Sold )

Comment

If you weren't so far I'd be there with 2 t-birds & a mark 3. Good luck. Those posters look good. Wouldn't mind havin one for the garage. Looks alot like angl jol Don't know how to spell her name?

Comment

Thanks guy's ..How great would it be if we all could get together for a few days with our birds.
              Maybe a virtual car show for us if anyone has the smarts.
              The Sosiak Virtual Bird Fest?
              I will be printing posters towards the end of the week.

went to a friends rod shop party next to the Good Guy's show and RJB photo had 3 models there taking pics. with some of the guy's cars.The poster pic is on of his shots.
              had 2 of those old racers.1 gloss black and 1 rusty.
              And some other amazing cars..
              I'll keep ya'll posted
              Cheers!

Comment

• YellowRose
                Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

EG, what you just suggested IS doable! Several years ago I created a Microsoft Power Show from a bunch of pictures taken on the Big Island in Hawaii. I was there with several hundred business associates. I took all the pictures (dozens and dozens) and selected the best of them. I put them in a power show, added music to it, and effects. We took that show and put it onto a PC at our next convention and showed it on the big screens on each side of the stage... It worked out pretty well, and those who did not get to go on the trip got to see what all we did. Those who were with me on the trip got to enjoy it again...

We CAN create the Alexander Sosiak Virtual Tbird Fest if ya'll would like me to take a shot at it. I would need good quality pictures of your birds, (800x600 should do the trick. I can crop them if necessary), inside and out. Some of them I can get out of this years calendar. Others out the forums, if I can find them easily and fast enough. The fastest and easiest way is for you to send them to me at my email address listed in my User ID. You should probably also put in writing that you have given me permission to use pictures of your Bird for the show. We probably should have a good front, side and back shot, and a good front interior and rear interior shot.

We will need a good .wav music file. I use "Yellow Rose Of Texas", in my power show, but we need something different than that about our Birds. It can be in some other music format, like .mp3, that I can convert to a wave format.

The resulting show can be put on a CD and played in any PC that has Microsoft Office (which should include PowerPoint). Then we can send copies of that CD around the country to others who want to put on a Tbird show like you are working on. It would be best shown at night, for visibility reasons.

Sooo, there is my idea. Whatcha all think???

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
                The Terminator..... VTCI #11178 ITC #6000 Yellow Mustang Registry (YMR) #12188
                Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm
                Faye's Ovarian Cancer Memorial Website.
                https://faye.rayclark.info/index.html

Comment

I think that would be a great idea!!
                  4 or 5 shots of each bird..Even a few details..Owner,restoed.Mods.
                  Would you create a photobucket account(which is free or a few bucks to upgrade) which has huge capasity and an address to view.
                  or burn and mail CD's?

Comment

• YellowRose
                    Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

Glad you like the idea. Lets see if our other members like it also! If we use Alexander's name, we will probably have to get permission from Julie to do so. Yes, a few comments could be put on the pictures. I would keep them short and to the point.

The idea about using photobucket might work too. I can create an account just for this, create a slide show in it, and it could be run from there. IF it will show up well enough on big screens.

Another thing I was thinking about is, as I said, to see it better, those big screens should be inside or it should be shown after dark. More than likely, there are not going to be big convention screens at a car show. However, on a smaller scale, one could use a fairly good sized TV (perhaps with a shroud on it if done during the daytime to keep the sunlight off the screen) and hook up a laptop to it and run the power show from there. That might work for a car show and smaller groups of people. A power show can be set to run over and over. So if someone missed part of it, they can stand there and wait for it to start again.

I made a power show for friends of mine in Florida like this. When they show their '59 Caddy Coupe de Ville, they can also show the restoration process it went through to get it where it is today. It is one beautiful Caddy.

So let me approach this idea from two directions. One to create it on photobucket. Another as a power show that can be put on a CD and mailed out. The former idea is the easiest one, if it will work. You would need a laptop and a good sized TV and wireless internet access..

The latter idea you could check out if I were to send you my power show of "Yellow Rose" and you have a laptop with Microsoft Office on it that you can hook to a TV and run an outside test for visibility. I dont own a laptop.. That way you would not need wireless internet access.

Whatcha think? Do we have something going here that we can do?? I think so!

Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

Comment

Lets see what kind of responce we get.
                      I like the photobucket just for the fact of adding new members to it.
                      Maybe a link from our home page.

Comment

• YellowRose
                        Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

A disadvantage of doing it on photobucket is that someone would have to have a laptop or complete puter set up, with access to the internet. That would mean having a wireless plug in system in your laptop.. I doubt if anyone would be in a position to run a longggg cable to an internet provider connection.

The advantage of going the .pps power show direction with the show on a USB plug is that you just plug it into your puter and away you go. Or the file can be put on a CD and started from the CD player..

Yup, lets see what people think about this idea...

Comment

• Penelope
                          Super-Experienced
                          • Mar 4 2008

Brilliant idea, especially for all of us in the Southern Hemisphere who do not have the volume of car shows you guys seem to have over yonder in the states. Ray, I will send you an email now of some photo's I have on photobucket of Penelope, but they do not have her new leather on display..that will have to wait until my next visit down to where she is.

Bill
                          sigpicBill
                          Thunderbird Registry 21903 & 33405

Comment

• tbird430
                            Super-Experienced
                            • Jun 18 2007

I like the CD ideal myself. Maybe we could do the Photobucket ideal afterwards???
                            sigpic
                            The 1960 Ford Thunderbird. The WORLD'S most wanted car....

VTCI Member#6287.

Comment

• fomoco59
                              Super-Experienced
                              • Jun 10 2005

I like the CD idea too... as I cannot connect to PhotoBucket from "work".. altho I can get to FotoTime.com, where I have a few pics posted.... http://www.fototime.com/ftweb/bin/ft.dll/home
                              sigpic
                              Mike Lemmon
                              '59 Raven Black Hardtop

http://www.tbirdregistry.com/viewdat...tryNumber=2461

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎