X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JBird
    Experienced
    • May 22 2005

Automotive Auctions Online?

Does anyone know of any online auction site that can compete with eBay? I am fed up with eBay's poor (or total lack of) customer support. I have many things to list for sale but using eBay is a "hit or miss" frustrating process and there is no end in sight. It's best I hit them in the pocket book and take my money elsewhere. I'm tired of begging eBay to nickel-dime me to death and take my money. However, I like the ability to take PayPal though because it speeds up the entire process. I guess an auction website would not have to actually offer PayPal (owned by eBay) because payments can still be sent directly from one email address to another with PayPal.

I'd appreciate any input.

Are gears turning Alexander?

jbird@rhyner.com

RE: Automotive Auctions Online?

I would try Craigs list out for selling some of your stuff. Its free and that's a hard price to beat. Jon

Comment

• Alexander
      Webmaster
      • Oct 30 2002

There are other auction sites such as uBid.com, yahoo auctions and amazon auctions, but the problem is that eBay totally dominates the market. They have a 92% share. There are a lot of sellers that are frustrated by eBays fees and policies. Many have left. Fortunately for eBay there are many others that have filled the void. There are fewer customer complaints because the buyer pays no fees and has more protection, so everyone still logs on to eBay when they want to buy something.

Until buyers on eBay are affected, there will be little competion for eBay on the online market.

Alexander
      1959 Hardtop
      1960 Golde Top
      Alexander
      1959 Hard Top
      1960 Golde Top
      sigpic

Comment

>I would try Craigs list out for selling some of your stuff.
        >Its free and that's a hard price to beat. Jon

Bob M
        John what is Graigs Address:
        }>

Comment

This is the Seattle address but every big city has this service just change the address when you use this address.Jon

craigslist provides local classifieds and forums for jobs, housing, for sale, services, local community, and events

Comment

Craigs List is infested with scammers! Pretend out of country, multiple states, different people involved in transaction (buyer, shipper, handler, etc), funds checks on a bank in a town/state that has no bank there, sent from another address that does not exist in another town/state in an amount that is less than the agreed amount but was to be in "Excess" of the amount, with another check comming sometime, with you to send money through Western Union and on and on and on and on it goes!!!!!!!!!! BS

This is spreading.

Be careful and trust nothing. Ebay is bad, but CL is worse yet!

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎