This will take you to the main site where there is history, technical information and other information on these cars.
This takes you back to the main page of the forums.
This is the control panel to change your password, information and preferences on this message board.
Click here if your lost your password or need to register on this message board. You must be a registered user to post. Registration is free.
Search this board for information you need.
Click here to buy cool Squarebirds mechandise.
Click here to support Squarebirds.org. For $20 annually receive 20mBytes webspace, a Squarebirds e-mail address and member's icon on the message board.
Old 04-02-2006, 09:11 PM

psychoseal
Default RE: Bumper Jack needed.

JBIRD, look on ebay under 1959 thunderbird and you will see a complete jack assembly. Hope this helps in your quest for a bumper jack. Dave
Old 04-03-2006, 01:32 AM
Experienced

JBird is on a distinguished road

I contacted the party that listed the jack few days ago and she sent me the two pictures she used in the ad before she listed it on eBay. The photos are not clear enough to tell for sure if the jack is from a 58-60. She said it was in the trunk of a 59. I emailed her and asked for a couple photos of just the jack without the hook and she said it was too big a hastle so I didn't buy it. For sure the hook is NOT from a 58-60. Neither is rectangular base with the post setting toward the rear of the base. It should be square. Even though I don't need those parts it made me suspect the jack might not be what I need or want. Again I'll go up to 250 for a nice jack and 200 for one in need of restoration. If you know of anyone with a spare jack PLEASE let me know.
Old 04-03-2006, 06:43 PM

Stock60Tbird

Hi I have a couple of jacks in the trunk of my 1959 the base is a true square with AJ-C stamped on it. The hook is long with the bottom of the hook that goes onto the bumper has a spotwelded subhook two spotwelds per side. the jack itself works great has a small retangle lever to change it up & down. It has teeth like groves almost gear like that fit into the base with almost a perfect "T" shape where they mate, they both work & are complete I do not have a clue if its the origial style but one of them has been in the car since it was new. So? You guys are the experts so you tell me. Alexander has my E-Mail or leave me a note. :-)
Old 04-04-2006, 12:21 AM

Stock60Tbird

Hi again JBird I checked several Ford experts & the 2 jacks I have are both 100% correct for all 1958 Thru 1960 Thunderbirds even for some other Ford models. They are both complete but I need one so if you are still looking for a jack I want to put A\C in my car I know a jack is not worth an entire A\C system but a guy can wish. :-) I am going to try and get the parts I need & as of this moment I have NONE so if this jack is what you want then you can of course just buy it, or trade what A\C part or parts it is worth to you. You can E-Mail me here if you are interested. Stock60Tbird@wmconnect.com Take Care Signed Tony. :-)
Old 04-04-2006, 05:37 AM
Experienced

You got an original. I have the same base with AJC on it and a perfect square base with a T right in the middle. The hook has spot welds on the sides at the bottom of the hook. I need the lug wrench and jack with the post.

Want to sell it? My email is david@rhyner.comXXXXX remove the X's I added to prevent website spiders from "harvesting" my email address from a public forum.

Thanks,

Dave
Old 04-04-2006, 05:57 AM
Experienced

> Hi again JBird I checked several Ford experts & the 2 jacks
>I have are both 100% correct for all 1958 Thru 1960
>Thunderbirds even for some other Ford models. They are both
>complete but I need one so if you are still looking for a
>jack I want to put A\C in my car I know a jack is not worth
>an entire A\C system but a guy can wish. :-) I am going to
>try and get the parts I need & as of this moment I have NONE
>so if this jack is what you want then you can of course just
>buy it, or trade what A\C part or parts it is worth to you.
>You can E-Mail me here if you are interested.
>Stock60Tbird@wmconnect.com Take Care Signed Tony. :-)

Tony I have extra IMPOSSIBLE TO FIND A/C parts you will need. I should say very hard to find. All original parts off a 58-60 T-Bird .I'll help you out with a trade. I have just about a full spare system less one piece of under dash duct that goes to the A/C output above the radio. No biggy it's hidden under the dash and made from stiff cardboard. I also don't have a spare drier/accumulator, compressor mount for a 352 or a condensor but I do have one for a 430. Other than that I have a spare correct finned compressor, 3 of 4 needed lines (the short line from the compressor to the drier is missing because I don't have a spare but I can let you see mine and get measurements to get one made.), compressor clutch, fiberglass enclosure for the evaporator, A/C blower with the dropping resistor for 2 speed operation, temp control switch that operates the compressor clutch, R-12 expansion valve, original evaporator, A/C "Select-Aire CONDITIONER" for your center console and the A/C vent with the cover for your dash. Let's make a deal. I'm cash poor and parts heavy. Need 430 parts? Camshaft ready to run?

Dave
Old 04-04-2006, 02:38 PM

Stock60Tbird

Hi Dave I will take a picture of the jack to make sure this is the one you want. Next can you E-Mail me at Stock60Tbird@wmconnect.com so I can E-Mail the photo to you along with my phone # so we can get better details like the way you want this shipped & to where. I am now back in Florida I was in New York for a month. I do not have your E-Mail address or I would have E-Mailed you sooner. I am 95% sure this is the jack you want I will also send you the best one. Hope to hear from you soon Take Care Signed Tony. :-)