X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • YellowRose
    Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

Welcome, redneck !!

Welcome to Squarebirds, Rich! Rich hales from Minnesota and owns a '60 Hardtop. Rich, if you will look in your Junk, Spam, Delete or Inbox folders, you should see an automated email from webmaster@squarebirds.org asking you to confirm your email address. Once you find and act on that email, I can approve your membership. If you have any questions or need help with your Tbird, please post in the Squarebirds Forum. If you have picture of her you would like to post, please contact Cathie ~ Coral. She can help you. We love to see pictures of our new members Tbirds. If you have any problems navigating this Forum, please email me or send me a Private Message (PM). Enjoy your stay!

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
    The Terminator..... VTCI #11178 ITC #6000 Yellow Mustang Registry (YMR) #12188
    Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm
    Faye's Ovarian Cancer Memorial Website.
    https://faye.rayclark.info/index.html

Hey Redneck,
    Welcome! Pull unions up a stool, hold on tight and enjoy er ride. These here guys are some of the best when it comes to keepin then there moonshine cars running. Ask anything, aint nothen these here guys don't know. Fill free to jump right in and add to this here gossip, it aint gossip tho its the truth.
    GET-ER-DONE
    Welcome again, Redneck, good to see someone else beside myself is not afraid to admit it!
    Richard D. Hord

Comment

• Coral
      Super-Experienced

• Apr 3 2009

Rich!

Feel free to PM or email me off my Profile information....

welcome aboard!

Comment

• Dan Leavens
        Moderator / Administrator

• Oct 4 2006

Rich also welcome to our truly international site where you will find some of the most knowledegable birders around. Ask any questionanswer where you can and participate often.
        Dano Calgary,Alberta Canada
        Thunderbird Registry
        58HT #33317
        60 HT (Sold )

Comment

• redneck
          Apprentice
          • Aug 3 2009

Thanks for the welcome everyone

Hi everyone:
          After many decades of admiring the awesome bird, I finally am at a stage in my life where I could outbid all the other bird lovers on a classic beauty. A beautiful all original 60 hardtop. It is a pearl white with unblemished chrome and the aqua green interior. The outside is 9 on a scale of 1 - 10. The interior and engine are a 5 or 6 but again, this is unrestored. I have been on cloud 9 since being the top bidder. I drove it the 60 miles home and have put on a couple hundred miles cruising.

My first experience with the 60 bird was when my cousin from Alabama drove his 60 White bird to N. Minnesota for a visit in 63. He was an army officer (helicopter pilot) who served 3 tours in Nam. How I looked up to that guy.

So many cool memories . I will close and thanks again everyone for the awesome welcome.

Redneck

Comment

• YellowRose
            Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

Welcome, redneck!

Hi Rich!

Thanks for the update on your Tbird! It sounds like she is in pretty good shape! If you have questions or need help, just post away on the Squarebirds Forum. Someone will be along shortly to answer any questions you have, or give you any help you need. We really would like to see this pretty Bird of yours! You can contact Cathie aka Coral, by sending her a Private Message (PM) or email her. She will be glad to tell you how to upload pictures to our Forum.. I am glad you have been able to enjoy your new Bird! Mine is in the shop at present, having her interior redone. In fact, those who want to see what has been accomplished over the last few days can go to the web page and view the pictures. Not a lot, but he is working away on the back seat now. Here is the link.

Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

Comment

• tbird430
              Super-Experienced
              • Jun 18 2007

Congrat's on the '60 Bird Redneck. Be sure and check under the rear seat for the car's ROT sheet. It is an invaluable peice of info on these cars. Just be careful trying to remove it from the seat springs...

Are there any pics up on you T-bird yet?

-Jon
              sigpic
              The 1960 Ford Thunderbird. The WORLD'S most wanted car....

VTCI Member#6287.

Comment

Hay Redneck
                As you can see there is a great bunch of floks on this site to help with any question you may have,some day we can all get together for a long weekend in the center of the USA and see who can tell the tallest story
                Welcome to the best T-Bird site
                Bob M

Comment

• redneck
                  Apprentice
                  • Aug 3 2009

Thanks tbird 430

Hey everyone:

I am such a newbie. I had no clue of the existence of the ROT but you pointed this out to me. I removed the rear seat and found a huge, very old rodent nest. No wonder the car was the mothballed and I am working on that now. Anyway, cleaned and vacumed the mess out but no ROT and then I tipped the rear floor mat forward, seeing a little corner of paper and there it was, the ROT. Dated 7/20 and I am assuming 1960 for my 60 tbird? Complete with serial number and all the optional orders. I have it in safe keeping now. Thanks a bunch everyone. I am going to the donate site to become a member. This is awesome.

Redneck

Comment

• tbird430
                    Super-Experienced
                    • Jun 18 2007

GREAT!! Another ROT sheet saved!!

-Jon in TX.
                    sigpic
                    The 1960 Ford Thunderbird. The WORLD'S most wanted car....

VTCI Member#6287.

Comment

• Dan Leavens
                      Moderator / Administrator

• Oct 4 2006

Bob now that is an excellent idea about meeting in the center of the USA, on along weekend. Wouldn't it be great to finally get to meet all the people we text with, on this site daily / weekly.The logistics could be tough but with enough planning perhaps we could set it up into four (4) quadrants of the USA.Say south west, south east, north west & north east. That way, no one has to travel a long way or more than a day etc. Heck we can get our own S&S going in the various areas HHHHHMMMMM !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                      Dano Calgary,Alberta Canada
                      Thunderbird Registry
                      58HT #33317
                      60 HT (Sold )

Comment

• YellowRose
                        Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

welcome, Redneck !!

Congratulations on finding your ROT/Build/Broadcast sheet! Sometimes it is call one or the other of the three! That is a terrific find! Yes, the 7/20 would indicate the date it was scheduled for production in 1960. That would be July 20th, 1960, towards the end of production for the 1960's. Not that many of us get lucky and find their ROT Sheet. I am still looking for mine, as they re-do my interior. I think mine was probably found on a previous replacement of the seat covers and discarded because they did not know the importance of it.

If you have a scanner, please scan in your ROT sheet and post it for us to see! If it scans in to lightly, you should be able to adjust your scanner settings to darken it. You can send Cathie ~ coral a Private Message, or email her and she can walk you through the procedures. Since you are going to become a Paid Member, that is one of the privileges you will have as one. The ability to post pictures to the Squarebirds server directly. We would also love to see some pix of your Tbird!

If you would like to see what the codes mean on your ROT Sheet, you can find out by going here: http://www.tbirdsquare.com/ Go to the Technical Links on the right side, I think they are. There you will find a link to the ROT or Build Sheet breakdown, and other technical items you might want to look at. Also, Automotive Mile Posts has excellent information on our Tbirds. You can go here, and then click on 1960 for all kinds of information for your Tbird.

Keep in mind that since yours is a later production unit that there were some changes made between the early units and the later production units.

You might also want to register your Tbird with the tbirdregistry.com Send John the information on your VIN #, and the Data Plate information, in an email to him, along with a small picture of your car, and he will post it and give you a Registry number. The idea behind this is to record every remaining Tbird as to who owns it, where it is, if it has been junked, scrapped, destroyed, etc. Here is his email: john@tbirdregistry.com Dont try to register it online because I think that function is still not working. He is great people and doing a fantastic job of keeping records on our Tbirds.
                        Last edited by YellowRose; August 5, 2009, 05:40 PM.

Comment

• Coral
                          Super-Experienced

• Apr 3 2009

Congrats Rich!
                          you lucky dog! I am in the same boat as Ray...no ROT as yet...but I still am slightly hopeful.
                          I told Ray myself I thought IF Coral's build sheet was still there when I got her it's long since been used as a rat's blanket, and is now dust in the wind....

If you have a scanner, you can make a copy of it, but please try to remember the sheet belongs to the car...at the very least try to keep the original OR the (very good) copy In the car....
                          No scanner? any Staples/office depot/office max can assist - just make sure they understand to be CAREFUL before you hand it over, LOL

We've discovered that laminating is NOT a good thing to do, as it demerits the value of the sheet (just like FOID/SS cards or birth certificates - if the issuing party didn't laminate the item, once done it can be 'worthless'

I am thrilled to see you are signing up to be a full member!
                          You will be delighted with the SB car window sticker and formal letter you get in the mail - I know I was dancing in the driveway when I got mine!

I see already Ray mentioned the Tbird registry, a great thing to do... everything we can do to learn about our 'birds together is a good thing!

hum.... a gathering of SB 'birds.... sounds peachy!

Comment

Working...
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎