X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bcomo
    Super-Experienced
    • Sep 23 2005

BirdBrain:

Is this what your looking for for your Holley 1850?

AutoZone $10.99

Last edited by bcomo; September 2, 2008, 09:51 PM.
    Bart
    1960 Hard Top/430
    Thunderbird Registry Number 1231

Comment

yes that's it

Comment

• Hawkrod
        Experienced
        • Oct 31 2005

Well, looks like it is a time for a Bit-O-Trivia! LOL The venerable 1850 is in fact the most common aftermarket carb ever made. It is rated at 600 CFM and is ideal for a 352, Now for the trivia part, the carb you have is not an aftermarket carb. The first line 5752426 is one of the original OEM applications for the 1850. In particular it is a 1959 Mercury 430. The Ford part number is a PB9M-9510-E. Holley books will often list this as also fitting Lincoln and Tbird 430 but they were never used on those models. The 1850 proved to be such a useful and popular model that Holley eventually marketed it directly (less the Ford part number) and still does today! The one you have is from 1965 and was made the fourth week of February in 65. Hawkrod

Comment

• KULTULZ

PB9M-9510-E

Do you have the correct text for LINC or MERC to get into the parts list for this carb HAWKROD?

Basic PN 9848. I have a NOS here for an early FORD HOLLEY.

Comment

• Hawkrod
            Experienced
            • Oct 31 2005

Originally posted by KULTULZ
            PB9M-9510-E

Do you have the correct text for LINC or MERC to get into the parts list for this carb HAWKROD?

Basic PN 9848. I have a NOS here for an early FORD HOLLEY.
            Ya think? What is the number? LOL Hawkrod

Comment

• KULTULZ

Originally posted by Hawkrod

Ya think? What is the number? LOL Hawkrod
              I don't quite understand your reply.

DO_YOU_HAVE_THE_MPC_FOR_THIS_CARB_ID NO?

It will give the correct service part no. of the cap. If this request is too much, just say so.

The caps are calibrated to the carburetor. You know that of course?

Comment

• Hawkrod
                Experienced
                • Oct 31 2005

Sorry you did not understand the humour, it was not meant to be obnoxious, just funny. LOL is used as an indicator that something is supposed to be funny ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LOL ). When you see LOL used you should reread the post and take it in a humorous context. You asked if I had the book for these, my answer was a smart a$$ kid answer in the affirmative, you know when they cock their heads sideways and instead of saying yes, they say "Ya Think?". Maybe you didn't recognize it but trust me when I tell you it is a common response these days! Yes, I have the book. You said you had an NOS part so I asked for the number to give you the application. There are quite few different ones so I need the number you have to tell you the application. Hawkrod

Comment

choke housing

I ordered it this morning, no stores stocked it however they did tell me that it is at there warehouse. I will use the bird tomorrow in an event for the elderly it should not matter that the housing is broken. I will have it long before the weather gets bad enough to use it. Thanks all!

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎