Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ian M Greer
    Experienced
    • Jul 29 2010

Jed, I have been out of the loop for a while fighting ongoing health issues . I think things are turning around for me now but I admire your positive attitude and I strongly believe one's own will power and determination go a long way . I'm with you all the way , thinking of you in a very positive way , stay strong your northern neighbor Ian M Greer .

Comment

• simplyconnected
      Administrator
      • May 26 2009

Jed, since the day you posted the doctor's findings I have kept you in my prayers every day. My brother's boy, Rev. Paul Dare, is a (Missouri Synod) Lutheran Pastor in St. Cloud, MN. If you would like, I'm sure he would pray with you in person. I believe prayer changes things and nothing is impossible with God. Let me know. - Dave
      Member, Sons of the American Revolution

CLICK HERE to see my custom hydraulic roller 390 FE build.

"We've got to pause and ask ourselves: How much clean air do we need?"
      --Lee Iacocca

Comment

Here's a brief update for all and thanks to all for your prayer every day along the way. Dr.'s experience, knowledge and God's will is all I have now. I feel stronger the armour of your prayer. Been thru chemo 2Xs now and 3rd time this coming Tuesday. had some bad days for chemo reaction and some good days. It's not as bad as it will get the Drs. tell me. I'm still smiling and have a tee time tomorrow for 18 holes. Life's been good to me so far.

And Dave, thanks for sending me Paul's name and contact. Have you ever had an atta-boy or pat-on-the-back from God? Well your letter this morning, I knew right away was an attay-boy. When I read it I felt a tingly little bell go off. I printed the letter off and took it to church and asked our Assoc. Pastor if she knew Paul Dare. It was just an inkling, a question I had to ask her. Her name is Ellie McCallister. She is the assoc pastor in our Faith Luthern Church LCMC. Her husband Paul McCallister is the head pastor at a Missouri Synod LCMS church in St. Cloud. Ellie smiled and replied "yes Paul Dare is the associate pastor with my husband in St. Cloud." When she told me this I kinda like "FIST PUMPED" and went 'YEAH", cause I then knew is was a pat-on-the-back.

Thanks Dave! Ellie is going to hook me up with Paul for a good time both of us can meet. Perhaps we'll do coffee of lunch or something like that in around St. Cloud. I'll say Hi from you to your nephew for sure.

Comment

• YellowRose
          Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

Mission from God

God works in mysterious ways......

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
          The Terminator..... VTCI #11178 ITC #6000 Yellow Mustang Registry (YMR) #12188
          Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm
          Faye's Ovarian Cancer Memorial Website.
          https://faye.rayclark.info/index.html

Comment

• YellowRose
            Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

Mission from God

This morning I had the pleasure of talking with Jed regarding his health. I am pleased to tell you for him, that his recent catscan shows a 66% reduction of that tumor! He just went through another round of chemo and is feeling pretty chipper this morning. He tells me that he is still doing steering wheel restorations and making seat foams for individuals and the Tbird vendors who buy from him! So if you need his services just look in the Advertisements Forum for information on his services and his contact information!

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
            The Terminator..... VTCI #11178 ITC #6000 Yellow Mustang Registry (YMR) #12188
            Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm
            Faye's Ovarian Cancer Memorial Website.
            https://faye.rayclark.info/index.html

Comment

• keith
              Super-Experienced
              • Feb 13 2010

Thanks for the update Ray!
              Keith
              Sedalia, Mo.
              sigpic
              CLICK HERE for Keith's web site

Comment

• simplyconnected
                Administrator
                • May 26 2009

I continue keeping Jed in my prayers as I think of him often. Ray, that's great news regarding any and all improvements in Jed's health. - Dave

--Lee Iacocca

Comment

• bird 60
                  Super-Experienced
                  • Mar 18 2009

Very glad to hear about Jed's good news. Hoping for a full recovery.

Chris....From OZ.

Comment

• lexdownunder
                    Apprentice
                    • Sep 7 2010

Mission from God

Susan & I have been holidaying in U.K. & Europe for the past two months so have not been keeping tabs on fellow TBirders. So shocked to hear about you Jed & what you have been through recently. Great news though regarding your chemo treatment & the outcome.
                    Your attitude & positivity are a source of strength to all of us as we approach our senior years.
                    You are in our prayers Jed & we pray that you continue to improve each day.

Lex & Susan
                    Tasmania

Comment

• Dan Leavens
                      Moderator / Administrator

• Oct 4 2006

That is good news about Jed's condition. Our thoughts and prayers will continue until he has full recovery.
                      Dano Calgary,Alberta Canada
                      Thunderbird Registry
                      58HT #33317
                      60 HT (Sold )

Comment

Thank you all for your prayers and kind words. Have now been thru 9 weeks of chemo. After the 8th week I had a CTscan that showed what had happened to the pancreas tumor since my first CTscan on 3-25. It showed that my tumor had reduced in size from 36 ml to 12 ml. That's a 66% reduction in size. I was kind of lead to understand that is the most significant reduction the hospital's oncology dept has ever seen on a first round of chemo. The doctors and nurses were all smiling and patting me on the back. My 9th week of chemo started last week, Tuesday, after a 2 week break. This chemo session gave me absolutely no side effects what so ever. I even called the hospital up on Thursday and asked them if it was chemo they had given me, cause I couldn't believe it. So I am mostly behaving and operating at near full physical ability and certainly 110% mental ability. So I am very optimistic about my future treatments and continued improving prognosis.

I continue to work gung ho on my boat repair business, seat cushion fabrication and steering wheel restoration. I also strive, weather dependent, to play golf 3Xs a week.

Thank the Lord, Jed

Comment

• simplyconnected
                          Administrator
                          • May 26 2009

Originally posted by Ca58tbird
                          ...my tumor had reduced in size from 36 ml to 12 ml. That's a 66% reduction in size. I was kind of lead to understand that is the most significant reduction the hospital's oncology dept has ever seen on a first round of chemo...
                          I still run into folks who claim they have never seen a miracle. This is very serious stuff but with God, all things are possible. Many have prayed with faith that this outcome would result. Lo and behold, here it is.

Tell your sister to hold off on the sale of your Squarebird and truck. I don't think you're quite done with them yet. - Dave

--Lee Iacocca

Comment

• Dan Leavens
                            Moderator / Administrator

• Oct 4 2006

Dave very well said. Jed that is great news and of course the rounds of golf are always good for the soul
                            Dano Calgary,Alberta Canada
                            Thunderbird Registry
                            58HT #33317
                            60 HT (Sold )

Comment

• DKheld
                              Super-Experienced
                              • Aug 27 2008

That is great news Jed.

X3 on Dave's comments.

Eric

Comment

Folks et al, Since my renewed lease on life resultant in significant tumor reduction and God's Grace in answered prayers, I have renewed my interest and effort in my garage addition project. Presently I have a 14x26 foot garage which had been originally built turned 45 degrees to the property line. Some time ago I had laid a new slab and built the block knee walls. Last fall I jacked the garage up, put it on a trailer and and straightened it out to lower it onto the new slab. This allows me to build a 22 x 20 foot addition onto and perpendicular to the original garage. I have a 2nd driveway on the other side of my house that will access the additional new double garage door. This past winter I had a 150' tall oak tree with a 40" diameter trunk cut, sawed up and hauled away. The tree stump was cut down flush to the ground, but it was right at the top of the steps in the pic below. Next I have to move some retaining walls, then have a a big front end loader and a dump truck come into rip out the stump and excavate for my new slab addition. Attached is picture of what the space looks like right now. From time to time I will post more pics of my progress. Hope to get the walls and roof up by winter. Thanks everybody for routing and cheering me on during this bout with cancer. My prognosis is pretty darn cheery these days and I have faith that I will go into remission.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎