No announcement yet.

Hello

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello

First of all I would like to say hello to all squarebird fans. My name's Victor and I am addicted to a 59 ht. My dad had one when I was a teen and I loved driving it, now 35 years later I have one. Its not in my budget to restore it right now but I can make it into a good driver. I am working thru its issues in part with help from this forum. Thanks for the info on rebuilding the wiper motor, Jed Zimmermans seat foam, horn ring info and a lot of other little tips I have run across while lurking in the background. My biggest triumphs so far have been the power windows, heater, carburator and yesterday I got the wiper motor taken care of. The interior was total trash except for the new dash pad installed by a previous owner. All thats left to do in there now are door panels $$$. Exterior needs very minor body work and paint.
    I have spent several years focusing on my other addiction... my Jeep. Now it sits and looks at me with sad eyes as I spend so much time with the bird. Like others on this forum, my wife gets pi$$ed and jealous when I'm out "touching" the car too.
    Ok, thats about it. I do have a steering question I will ask latter... the sun just popped out and the car is calling me.
    Last edited by Guest; April 17, 2009, 04:44 PM.
  • Dan Leavens
    Moderator / Administrator

• Oct 4 2006

Victor welcome to our international site where you will find the most knowledgeable birders around. Ask any question answer any question and participate often
    Dano Calgary,Alberta Canada
    Thunderbird Registry
    58HT #33317
    60 HT (Sold )

Comment

• tbird430
      Super-Experienced
      • Jun 18 2007

LOL!! A good read indeed sir.

Welcome to the Squarebird site. We look forward to corresponding with you on many different topics in the near future.

Congrat's on your CLASSIC investment as well....

-Jon
      sigpic
      The 1960 Ford Thunderbird. The WORLD'S most wanted car....

VTCI Member#6287.

Comment

Welcome Victor,
        These guys are great! They have a mint of information they will share. Also if they do not know just give them a little time and someone on here will find out and share that information with you.
        As far as you Bird, don't give up on her. Good things come to those who wait I also have a Diamond in the rough, but I love tinkering with her. I to want to drive her for now and have some fun before I take her apart for restoration.
        As far as the wife I have the same problem, she tells me that she could compete with another woman, but how do you compete with a **** old car. I try to tell her I have enough love for you and Christine to share. LOL, LOL, LOL
        THUNDERBIRDS FOREVER!!!

Comment

• YellowRose
          Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

Hello

HI Victor!

Welcome to Squarebirds! It was a pleasure to approve your membership. We have a great bunch of guys on here, who can help you with about any problem you have. If I can help you navigate our Forums, just contact me through a Private Message (aka PM) or email me. Welcome aboard!

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
          The Terminator..... VTCI #11178 ITC #6000 Yellow Mustang Registry (YMR) #12188
          Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm
          Faye's Ovarian Cancer Memorial Website.
          https://faye.rayclark.info/index.html

Comment

You are so right Richard, the information here is outstanding. The wiper motor I just put in was put together from two different motors. If it wasnt for the tech write up about rebuilding a vacuum motor I dont know if I would have even tried to open one up. I was looking at electric motors before I read it. Even though electric motors work much better, there nothing like the thrill of being on the hwy during a hard rain storm and having to step hard on the gas

As for the wife, I tell her "Honey, its just a car". But I know better than that, she knows better too. Her dad, before he passed away had a 59 that her mom made him sell. She told him he didnt know what he was doing and was wasting his time. One day when my wife was complaining about mine I said to her, "If your dad would have kept his and got it back on the road do you know how happy he would have been". She knows I like working on it and ever sence she has been pretty supportive. She even bought the carpet kit for it and didnt blink an eye when I bought the seat covers and foam for front and back.

I need to thank the forum again for all the info I have already come way with and I am sure for the questions I will have in the future.
            Victor
            Last edited by Guest; April 17, 2009, 09:06 PM.

Comment

Welcome Victor

Glad to see some one newer than I am here Victor--- I just joined a couple of days ago-- these guys really know their stuff -- if they dont know it --they do know where to find it -- especially Ray Clark-- he has a wealth of info-- and a pretty nice guy also -- he helped me a lot getting started and finding parts for my bird.

JACK

Comment

• byersmtrco
                Super-Experienced
                • Sep 28 2004

Welcome from San Jose Calif!!!

As most of the regulars on the site know, my dad bought the 60 Conv I have now (brand new -- the same year I was born)
                So I grew up with it. Neat car. We've had our moments. I've kept it running (for the most part) for him (when he was alive) and me for the last 30+ years.
                The sig pic is yours trully (with my mom). It was taken around 1964.

Comment

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome. And John, Great picture to keep with the car. My dads car was actually a 58 and had been painted a real bright, stand out in the dark, blind you in the sunlight salmon.... Yup, pink in everyones eyes. But ya know for some reason it looked good on the car. Dad gave it to a kid to satisfy a $600 repair bill to a car that my little brother had run into and of course that kid run it into the ground. Made me sick. I briefly thought about painting this one salmon but then I came to my senses and when it goes to the paint shop it will be white again.

Comment

• Coral
                    Super-Experienced

• Apr 3 2009

Howdy Victor!

Loved the description of the salmon coloring, LOL
                    Pity about the kid abusing her, but that will happen....
                    I remember my '70 Olds Tornado with fond embarrassment,
                    a beautiful car I really should have had later in life

Glad your getting in dutch playing with CARS instead of out eyeballing the dames in bars!

Welcome to the forum!

Comment

Working...
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎