X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 430bird60
    Experienced
    • Dec 30 2008

oil/generator light lenses

Hi all. I'm trying to replace the oil/generator light lenses. I've removed them from the instrument cluster but can't separate the lenses from the chrome bezels. It looks like there is a snap ring that needs to be removed but I am unable to remove it. Any help is greatly needed and appreciated. Additionally, when I removed the dash cluster from the car I found what appears to be a relay of sort that was not mounted. It has yellow wire that goes to the ignition switch, a brown wire that goes through the firewall and another brown wire that goes to the heater blower switch. Does anyone know where this is supposed to mount?
    Thanks
    Ken
  • jopizz
    Super-Experienced

• Nov 23 2009

Originally posted by 430bird60
    Additionally, when I removed the dash cluster from the car I found what appears to be a relay of sort that was not mounted. It has yellow wire that goes to the ignition switch, a brown wire that goes through the firewall and another brown wire that goes to the heater blower switch. Does anyone know where this is supposed to mount?
    Thanks
    Ken
    Do you have A/C? There's a circuit breaker that should be mounted on the left air duct.

John
    Last edited by jopizz; February 17, 2018, 03:03 PM.
    John Pizzi - Squarebirds Administrator

Thunderbird Registry #36223
    jopizz@squarebirds.org 856-779-9695

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm

Comment

• 430bird60
      Experienced
      • Dec 30 2008

Hi John. Yes, the car does have a/c. I don't see any place to attach it to the air duct other than removing a screw from the radio chassis which is what I will do. Any suggestion on separating the oil/gen lenses from their bezels?
      Thanks
      Ken

Comment

• jopizz
        Super-Experienced

• Nov 23 2009

Ken,

I've never tried to separate the lens from the bezel. I've only replaced the entire bezel. I have a few in the garage. I'll look and see if it can be done.

John

Comment

• jopizz
          Super-Experienced

• Nov 23 2009

You can pry the middle chrome ring out and the plastic lens will fall out.

John
          Attached Files

Comment

• 430bird60
            Experienced
            • Dec 30 2008

John,

Sorry, I don't think I made it clear about what I am trying to do. I bought new lenses that have a chrome ring around the lenses. The ring is pressed into a chrome (plastic) bezel. I can't separate this plastic bezel from the chrome (metal) outer bezel. The black piece inside the large chrome bezel in your photo is what I can't remove. Thanks

Ken

Thanks
            Ken

Comment

• jopizz
              Super-Experienced

• Nov 23 2009

On the old bezels there are three plastic tabs in the back that hold the middle section in place. If you cut those tabs the middle piece will come out. I don't know how the new ones are made. I haven't seen one.

John
              Attached Files
              Last edited by jopizz; February 21, 2018, 11:13 AM.

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎