X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tarps3
    Super-Experienced
    • Jul 21 2003

vacuum lines

Boy I'm glad I found this site! As you can tell from my previous posts, I am working on several issues on my '60 Bird. Does anyone have a diagram showing the vacuum lines and connections for the windshield wipers? I think I have most of it still on the car, but it looks like some lines are missing (nothing is going thru the firewall to the motor as far as I can tell). Any diagrams or details about these would help. I also have a '64 Galaxie but it has electric wipers - I've never messed with these vacuum systems before.
    thanks!
    Casey
    Casey
  • Alexander
    Webmaster
    • Oct 30 2002

RE: vacuum lines

http://www.squarebirds.org/windshiel...iper_motor.jpg.

The port that the green arrow points to connects to the vacuum line coming off the booster on the fuel pump on the 352 engine. The vacuun line off the intake amnifold goes to this fuel pump vacuum booster. If your your fuel pump booster does not work, yoy can connect the intake manifold vacuum directly to the wiper motor. the only difference is that you will notice your wipers severely slow when you accelerate.

More information on wiper motors can be found at: http://www.squarebirds.org/wiper_motor.htm .

If you need the windshield washer vacuum diagram, I will see if I can find one.

Alexander
    1959 Hardtop
    1960 Golde Top
    Alexander
    1959 Hard Top
    1960 Golde Top
    sigpic

Comment

• tarps3
      Super-Experienced
      • Jul 21 2003

thanks - that clarifies things a little bit.
      If you can locate a diagram showing the other lines, that would help too. I have the line going from the washer pump and a couple of other lines that I am not sure where they are supposed to go.
      A diagram showing the entire washer/wiper setup would fix me right up.
      thanks again,
      Casey
      Casey

Comment

• Alexander
        Webmaster
        • Oct 30 2002

From the shop manual:

Alexander
        1959 Hardtop
        1960 Golde Top
        Alexander
        1959 Hard Top
        1960 Golde Top
        sigpic

Comment

• tarps3
          Super-Experienced
          • Jul 21 2003

I think I have everything tracked down and connected correctly.
          Except for one thing.
          The diagram showing the back of the washer control switch indicates a hose labeled "vacuum hose from engine". The only one I have from the engine (fuel pump) goes in the firewall to the wiper motor.
          Where do I connect the hose from the washer switch to the engine?
          I assume there should be a "T" in the main hose from the fuel pump so it will serve both the wiper motor and the washer switch, but I'm not sure.
          Can you clarify this for me before I cut that hose for a "T" install?
          thanks!
          Casey
          Casey

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎