Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bird4myboys
    • Mar 7 2008

Got one!

Some of you are on the VTCI, so you may have already seen this, but I bought a 62 convertible. I had really been looking for a squarebird, but more recently started to really like the bullet birds. More importantly my wife likes bullet birds more. I'll enjoy this one for a while, and maybe get a squarebird project a little later once the boys are old enough to work on it with me (2 1/2 year old twin boys).

I found this car in Michigan, but it originally came from Florida. The current owner says that the heater has been broken since he got it, so I know it's never been driven in the winter! It's in good driver condition. There's a few things that need to be addressed, a small tear in the top, rust in the trunk and much of the rubber needs to be replaced, but it's really in good shape, all things considered.

Here's a couple of photos from the inspection, I'll get more when it gets here. It'll be a few weeks, cause I can't even get it shipped until the seller gets back from Hawaii. He's got the K-H wheels and fender skirts on a pallet, so I'll get those as well. It's also got the tonneau, it's just not on in these pictures.

Timothy
  • tbird430
    Super-Experienced
    • Jun 18 2007

Congrat's she looks very nice.
    sigpic
    The 1960 Ford Thunderbird. The WORLD'S most wanted car....

VTCI Member#6287.

Comment

• Dan Leavens
      Moderator / Administrator

• Oct 4 2006

Timothy that is one sweet looking bird and I am sure you will enjoy it very much, when you go cruisin.

Dano Calgary,Alberta Canada
      Dano Calgary,Alberta Canada
      Thunderbird Registry
      58HT #33317
      60 HT (Sold )

Comment

• bird4myboys
        • Mar 7 2008

Thanks guys, I'm really looking forward to getting it out here. As they say, the waiting is the hardest part!
        Timothy

Comment

• byersmtrco
          Super-Experienced
          • Sep 28 2004

That's a nice car !!! I'd keep those wheels on it. Keep the KH's for shows n' stuff, but not to travel on (inner tubes . . . yuk phooey caca)

The red w/the tan interior looks good.

Comment

• KULTULZ

That is a beautiful car!

CONGRATULATIONS!

Comment

Tim Great looking Rocket Bird.And I love the color.Just sold my 60HT a sad day,but I am thinking when the time comes I may get me one like yours.Have fun on the car and squarebirds.org.

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎