This will take you to the main site where there is history, technical information and other information on these cars.
This takes you back to the main page of the forums.
This is the control panel to change your password, information and preferences on this message board.
Click here if your lost your password or need to register on this message board. You must be a registered user to post. Registration is free.
Search this board for information you need.
Click here to buy cool Squarebirds mechandise.
Click here to support Squarebirds.org. For $20 annually receive 20mBytes webspace, a Squarebirds e-mail address and member's icon on the message board.
Old 02-28-2016, 01:39 PM
Apprentice

430bird60 is on a distinguished road
Default Removing Trim Above Rear Seat

This is the piece of trim between the rear seat and the package tray. I have removed the screws at the bottom of the tray. It looks like there is a sealant between the trim and package tray. I will try to remove the sealant. I'm wondering if there are any more screws that need to be removed and if the trim pulls straight toward the front of the car or if the trim has a lip and needs to be lifted up toward the top of the car? The sealant does not appear to be original. Pretty lousy job of sealing. If anyone can help it will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Ken
Old 02-28-2016, 01:45 PM
Apprentice

Default Removing Trim Above Rear Seat

Well, obviously I didn't read my post prior to submitting my question. I did not remove any screws from the package tray. They were removed from the bottom of the trim. Thanks again for any help.

Ken
Old 02-28-2016, 03:04 PM
Super-Experienced

Tbird1044 is on a distinguished road

Sorry to tell you, but you need to remove the package tray, as there screws under that sealant/weatherstrip holding the panel in. I'll attach some pics and hope they help.
Nyles
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_6240.jpg (280.4 KB, 58 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_6241.jpg (304.4 KB, 58 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_6242.jpg (323.8 KB, 58 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_6243.jpg (397.6 KB, 59 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_6244.jpg (379.0 KB, 60 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_6245.jpg (348.4 KB, 58 views)
Old 02-28-2016, 05:15 PM
Apprentice

Thanks Nyles. From what I am seeing from inside the trunk, it looks like there are two brackets at the extreme edges of the packing tray that need to be removed. Am I missing other brackets or screws? Am I looking at issues with the rear window rubber? Thanks for your input.

Ken
Old 02-28-2016, 08:37 PM
Super-Experienced

Tbird1044 is on a distinguished road

Ken:
The package tray is held in with 3 long sheet metal screws in the middle and 2 machine thread nuts on the ends. I think the brackets go on the end 2 studs, but couldn't swear to that. Anyway, there should be 5 fasteners holding the package tray.
Also the screws under the package tray, holding in the upper seat trim, are not under the weatherstrip, but directly behind it.
Also, the rear window rubber seal should not affect removal of the package tray, unless somebody poured a lot of sealer back there trying to stop leaks.
Nyles
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_6247.jpg (365.7 KB, 49 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_6248.jpg (380.6 KB, 49 views)
Old 02-29-2016, 09:07 AM
Apprentice

Thanks Nyles. I'll get back at it this afternoon.

Ken