This will take you to the main site where there is history, technical information and other information on these cars.
This takes you back to the main page of the forums.
This is the control panel to change your password, information and preferences on this message board.
Click here if your lost your password or need to register on this message board. You must be a registered user to post. Registration is free.
Search this board for information you need.
Click here to buy cool Squarebirds mechandise.
Click here to support Squarebirds.org. For $20 annually receive 20mBytes webspace, a Squarebirds e-mail address and member's icon on the message board.
Old 11-15-2006, 07:19 PM
Experienced

Shorebird is on a distinguished road
Default RE: Rust free 1960 For body parts

Is that water pump pulley stock? Is it designed for three belts?

Old 11-16-2006, 12:06 PM
Experienced

Hawkrod is on a distinguished road

Yes, the pulleys and brackets on the engine were all stock and correct for an AC car. In fact this car was a near virgin in that the engine compartment had never seen any real work and the engine still had all of its original components such as carb and distributor. It even had the original fuel pump all vacuum lines and the special clip for the wiper vacuum line on the passenger side! I only wish it had a been a 430 so I would have all the correct parts for my car! At this point I would like to sell all the stuff as a package or trade for parts for my car. At this point I need: windsheild washer pump assembly, window switch bezel and switches, Sun Ray centers and rings, Continental spare parts (will buy whole possibly as mine is hit/bent/tow truck moron!), rear antenna, correct air cleaner. I also need a full interior, black carpet, white headliner, black cloth seats or inserts, cloth interior door panels/rear side panels/kickpanels (I understand they are different). It's a fairly long list so maybe there is something you may have to trade? Hawkrod
Old 11-16-2006, 01:05 PM
Super-Experienced

dgs is on a distinguished road

"In fact this car was a near virgin ... "

I wonder, if the car was in such good shape, why didn't you sell it as a restoration project? It seems like a shame to slice up such a solid Squarebird. Of course, I didn't see what you did.

Anyway, do you still have the seats you mentioned earlier? Are they serviceable as is for a driver? What color are they?

Thanks
Old 11-16-2006, 03:20 PM
Experienced

The interior was two tone blue but I will have to check the seats as my mind is telling me they were not matching or there were extras. I bought the car at the Ermie Immerso auction last year and he was restoring a red 60 3 speed car when he passed away and this was his parts car. This car had been hit really hard on the right side from the front to the back. He had actually straightened the body out and was cutting the roof off to make a parade car out of it and using the best parts on the other car and the leftovers on this one. Unfortunately at the auction the parts for the cars were sold seperately from the cars and so the car would have cost a fortune to finish and I needed the doors, deck lid and hood for my car along with various other stuff like correct wheels, gas tank etc... as my car was actually a mild 60's custom and had been sitting for decades. Between this car and two others I have found in junkyards I have enough stuff to rebuild mine which is actually just as rust free (except surface rust where they had stripped the Tangerine metalflake paint!) but missing almost all trim and other important items. If my car had not been such a rare and desireable combination I would never had bothered. My car is a 430 car that was ordered with all the goodies. It is platinum and black two tone with cloth seats and everything except air conditioning. Hawkrod

My car:

http://www.supermotors.net/getfile/5...e/dsc00004.jpg
Old 12-04-2006, 09:03 PM

rln31455

Are you interested in selling the A/C compressor? I'm looking for an old style compressor with the cooling fins. Thanks
Old 12-10-2006, 01:41 PM
Experienced

I am selling the AC compressor but I will be selling it with all of the brackets and pulleys. All of the parts are correct for a 60 with factory AC and a 352 engine and there is the compressor, compressor bracket, water pump pulley, and crank pulley. These are all correct for a 1960 Ford with AC on a 352 engine but the AC bracket also fit 58 and 59. Hawkrod
Hawkrod

39 Ford Deluxe Coupe
59 Tbird 430
60 Lincoln Premier
(2)62 Tbirds
(3)68 Cougar XR7-G's
69 Cougar 428CJ 4 speed
77 1/2 Ford F250 4X4 w/460 swap
86 SVO mustang
76 F250 Crew Cab
[font size=4][a href="http://www.supermotors.org/members/profile.php?user=hawkrod"] look at my cars past and present at superford! [/a][/font]