This will take you to the main site where there is history, technical information and other information on these cars.
This takes you back to the main page of the forums.
This is the control panel to change your password, information and preferences on this message board.
Click here if your lost your password or need to register on this message board. You must be a registered user to post. Registration is free.
Search this board for information you need.
Click here to buy cool Squarebirds mechandise.
Click here to support Squarebirds.org. For $20 annually receive 20mBytes webspace, a Squarebirds e-mail address and member's icon on the message board.
Old 05-14-2015, 03:42 AM

uaesquarebird is on a distinguished road
Default 17" x 8" alloys with 0 offset fitment advise please.

Hi Guys

My car is nearing completion but needs new boots.
I can either ship in the Coker whitewalls tyres from the U.S. And use the 14" steel wheels or for a little cheaper purchase 17 x 8 alloys with 0 degree offset with tyres in this country.
No one here does 17 x 7 with 0 degree offset.
Can anyone tell me if they will fit without any fitment issues / spacers required?
Thanks
Rob.
Old 05-14-2015, 06:34 PM
Experienced

Ford351c594 is on a distinguished road

for what it is worth you should be fine. I have purchased a wheel rite as I wanted to run very big wheels. Well not super big, just 20's. 0 offset is the way to go. You can add up to 6mm of offset in the rear to get a staggered look although it is not that much. you can actually run a decent sized tire with this as well. Stay around 25in tall all the way around and you should be fine.
Old 05-15-2015, 03:03 PM

thank you for the advise.
i really stuggle getting any parts here, any car pre 1990 is rare.
Old 05-15-2015, 03:45 PM
Banned

Yadkin is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford351c594 View Post
for what it is worth you should be fine. I have purchased a wheel rite as I wanted to run very big wheels. Well not super big, just 20's. 0 offset is the way to go. You can add up to 6mm of offset in the rear to get a staggered look although it is not that much. you can actually run a decent sized tire with this as well. Stay around 25in tall all the way around and you should be fine.
Show pictures of this set up!
Old 05-17-2015, 08:41 PM
Experienced

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yadkin View Post
Show pictures of this set up!
they are not on the car yet!!! LOL I will as soon as it is on. I have them in boxes. I only tested it all with a wheel rite.

Soon.........very soon
Old 05-19-2015, 11:53 PM
Super-Experienced

dgs is on a distinguished road

I'm running 17" x 8" zero offset Boyd Junkyard Dogs with 235/55R17 Pirellis and they work quite well.

I disagree with Ford351c594 a little in that I'd go taller than 25". The original bias tires were either 27 5/8" or 28" tall, so I'd try to get closer to that. My Pirellis are 27 3/16" tall and fill the wheel wells nicely, I think.

See more here.
Old 05-21-2015, 07:49 PM
Experienced

yep what DGS said, you can fit taller. I have moc-ed up to a 22 on the car and have a ton of room left. I don't know what I was thinking on the 25 inches. I was thinking 27 and typed 25. I ultimately decided against the 22 due to the massive increase in cost for the extra 2 inches...

but you still should be fine on your original post numbers.
Old 05-22-2015, 03:12 AM

Thanks for the help and advise guys,
I chickened out and ordered coker whitewalls for the standard rims in the end.
The hassle trying to get good quality wheels and tires here in the UAE was unreal.
Now onto the next issue..........