This will take you to the main site where there is history, technical information and other information on these cars.
This takes you back to the main page of the forums.
This is the control panel to change your password, information and preferences on this message board.
Click here if your lost your password or need to register on this message board. You must be a registered user to post. Registration is free.
Search this board for information you need.
Click here to buy cool Squarebirds mechandise.
Click here to support Squarebirds.org. For $20 annually receive 20mBytes webspace, a Squarebirds e-mail address and member's icon on the message board.
Old 04-25-2015, 09:23 PM
Super-Experienced and a HELLOFA nice guy

YellowRose is on a distinguished road
Default "Tweety Bird" Makes The Scoop!

Several months ago, I decided to send in a picture of my '59 Tbird "The Yellow Rose Of Texas" ne "Tweety Bird" to the VTCI Scoop magazine. I picked the picture that many of you saw in the Squarebirds Calendar several years ago of her and my friend Phil Cline's "Dream Catcher" RV-6A, taken several years ago at a La Grange, Texas Fly-in/Drive-in. Phil used to own a Tbird some years ago, painted the same color as "Tweety". So he painted his experimental airplane the same color his Tbird was.

Before I left for our local Tbird Club business meeting this morning I had received several emails telling me that the picture was on the back cover of the May/June 2015 VTCI Scoop magazine. When I got back home, the magazine was in my mailbox. Here is what it looks like for those of you who have not seen this picture before. Thanks, VTCI!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg RayClark'59TweetyBird-N-PhilCline'sDreamCatcherRV-6A.jpg (59.0 KB, 43 views)

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
'59 Tbird "The Yellow Rose Of Texas" aka "Tweety Bird"
"It's Hip To Be Square"
Thunderbird Registry #33025 VTCI #11178

rayclark07"at"att.net (Home) 210-674-5781 (Cell) 210-875-1411
http://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm

Last edited by YellowRose : 04-25-2015 at 10:41 PM.
Old 04-25-2015, 09:50 PM
Super-Experienced

DKheld is on a distinguished road

Wow - that's cool Ray - Congratulations!

(that is an awesome picture so well deserved)

Eric
Old 04-25-2015, 10:04 PM
Excellent Auto Mechanic for over 40 years.

jopizz is on a distinguished road

It should've been on the front cover in my opinion.

John

Thunderbird Registry #36223
jopizz@verizon.net 856-779-9695

Old 04-25-2015, 10:39 PM

Hi John, and Eric. Thanks for the comments. There are certain criteria that have to be met to make the front cover of the Scoop. If you look at the current and past issues, you will see that to make the front cover the picture must be a portrait type picture rather than landscape. This allows for the printing of the name of the magazine, their logo and date. If I had sent them just a portrait picture of "Tweety" by itself, it might have qualified for the cover. However, the picture of her and "Dream Catcher" together is a larger picture that I took in landscape mode and it works well for the back cover. It also worked well for our own Squarebirds Calendar. I am very pleased that they felt it was such a unique picture that they selected it for use.

When Phil and I met at this event, and after seeing my Tbird and his airplane, we decided that we had to get a picture of the two of them together before he flew out of there for home. So he said to drive "Tweety" to the flight line and park it next to his RV-6A, and I did. He has a copy of that picture hanging on his wall at home. It is my understanding that the RV-6A is a very good experimental airplane and that he has been instrumental in building several of them. He said it is a pleasure to fly.

"It's Hip To Be Square"

Last edited by YellowRose : 04-26-2015 at 12:31 AM.
Old 04-26-2015, 12:01 AM
Experienced

Wudro is on a distinguished road

Awesome! "Birds of a Feather..."
Old 04-26-2015, 12:31 AM
Super-Experienced

bird 60 is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

Both look really great Ray, especially "Tweety Bird".

Chris....From OZ.
Old 04-26-2015, 03:05 PM
Moderator / Administrator

Dan Leavens is on a distinguished road
Cool

Ray I am sure that this picture will bond you and Phil for may years. I bet you can still take him on the quarter mile though
58HT #33317 60HT # 23023
Old 04-26-2015, 07:40 PM
Experienced

Ian M Greer is on a distinguished road

I see everybody jumped on the band wagon before me , but count me on board the picture is awesome Ray although the Yellow Rose Of Texas verses Tweety Bird did have this old brain confused until you explained it . Congrats on a well deserved honor , regards Ian M Greer.
Old 04-26-2015, 11:34 PM
Super-Experienced

Ca58tbird is on a distinguished road

Ray, you described the criteria for the front page and the back page for cover shots. Well how about the centerfold? don't believe the Scoop's ever had a centerfold pic before. What with Tweety Bird, wow what a start-up that could have been for the Scoop. Too bad they missed out on that 1st opportunity.

Congrats as always and thanks for all you do!
Thunderbird Registry #3810 VTCI#7652
Old 04-27-2015, 12:20 AM

Hi Jeb, and thanks. I do not think the Scoop has ever had a centerfold. Ohhh the horrors of that, having to strip all the paint off her to qualify for a centerfold! And the staples they would have had to put in her!

"It's Hip To Be Square"