This will take you to the main site where there is history, technical information and other information on these cars.
This takes you back to the main page of the forums.
This is the control panel to change your password, information and preferences on this message board.
Click here if your lost your password or need to register on this message board. You must be a registered user to post. Registration is free.
Search this board for information you need.
Click here to buy cool Squarebirds mechandise.
Click here to support Squarebirds.org. For $20 annually receive 20mBytes webspace, a Squarebirds e-mail address and member's icon on the message board.
Old 12-12-2014, 10:04 AM
Apprentice

elijahbird7 is on a distinguished road

Now, here's a strange one.. I did a Google search for "Turquoise Fuzzy Dice". Under Images of Turquoise Fuzzy Dice, there is a photo of the interior of a Peacock Blue 56 with Turquoise Fuzzy Dice hanging from the mirror. That is my car!!
I hang my black garage door opener from a slightly pulled out ash tray...and it shows in that photo. Makes you wonder who took that picture and where and how it got to Google.
Old 12-12-2014, 10:09 AM
Super-Experienced

Joe Johnston is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Makes you wonder who took that picture and where and how it got to Google.
That's scary! Do you have that picture on Facebook or a photo hosting site like Photobucket? If so you need to check all your security settings.
Old 12-12-2014, 10:57 AM
Super-Experienced and a HELLOFA nice guy

YellowRose is on a distinguished road
Default New interior

Jim, I saw that picture but did not know that it was of your Tbird! Someone probably took pix of it a car show and it ended up on the internet. I found a couple of links for turquoise dice and sent them to Dennis. They are not that easy to find for that color. I thought for sure the feeBay would have some. They have plenty of them, but not that color!

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
'59 Tbird "The Yellow Rose Of Texas" aka "Tweety Bird"
"It's Hip To Be Square"
Thunderbird Registry #33025 VTCI #11178

rayclark07"at"att.net (Home) 210-674-5781 (Cell) 210-875-1411
http://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm
Old 12-12-2014, 12:58 PM
Apprentice

elijahbird7 is on a distinguished road

I go to a lot of shows with the 56, and it looks like someone just took a picture and so it goes...
Old 12-12-2014, 01:12 PM
Slow Typist

simplyconnected is on a distinguished road

I usually show technical pictures, like proportioning valves, etc.
Truth is, after I post them, MANY times they appear on Google searches, hosted by someone else. My knee-jerk reaction is... "HEY... I took that picture." Well guess what, if it's posted on the net then anyone can download and use it. Sometimes people splash watermarks on their pictures (mostly on eBay) so nobody copies them. That's about the only thing you can do. One time a company was using my picture. I wrote them a comment, "Nice picture! I took it, now why are you posting it?" They never responded and I'm not going to pursue it.

Think of your picture as a contribution to everyone else on the world wide web. I've had folks come up to my car for a picture, which kinda made me feel flattered. I guess the difference is, this is without your consent. - Dave

"We've got to pause and ask ourselves: How much clean air do we need?"
--Lee Iacocca
Old 12-12-2014, 10:13 PM
Apprentice

roger59tb is on a distinguished road
Default Have turq dice

I'm almost positive I have a pair of turquoise dice if you need them (or anyone else.) Answer here or send your mailing address to: roger4a1ward@aol.com.
Old 12-12-2014, 11:57 PM
Experienced

Buckaroo is on a distinguished road

Let me know what I owe you,

Dennis Gorder
POB 440
Baraboo, WI 53913
Old 12-13-2014, 07:16 PM
Apprentice

roger59tb is on a distinguished road
Default turq dice

Dennis (Buckaroo), I'll mail them tomorrow, probably no charge unless the postage is substantial. I've had them for years; got them for a turquoise and white '58 Edsel that went away long ago. Roger Ward.
Old 12-13-2014, 08:06 PM
Super-Experienced and a HELLOFA nice guy

YellowRose is on a distinguished road
Default New interior

I just love it when even a small thing like a pair of turquoise dice comes together like this! Dena should be quite happy with her new dice!

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
'59 Tbird "The Yellow Rose Of Texas" aka "Tweety Bird"
"It's Hip To Be Square"
Thunderbird Registry #33025 VTCI #11178

rayclark07"at"att.net (Home) 210-674-5781 (Cell) 210-875-1411
http://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm
Old 12-14-2014, 09:25 AM
Moderator / Administrator

Dan Leavens is on a distinguished road
Cool

Look at you guys go That's why I always say this is the best TBird site on the planet. Good stuff and I am sure Dena will love them.
58HT #33317 60HT # 23023