This will take you to the main site where there is history, technical information and other information on these cars.
This takes you back to the main page of the forums.
This is the control panel to change your password, information and preferences on this message board.
Click here if your lost your password or need to register on this message board. You must be a registered user to post. Registration is free.
Search this board for information you need.
Click here to buy cool Squarebirds mechandise.
Click here to support Squarebirds.org. For $20 annually receive 20mBytes webspace, a Squarebirds e-mail address and member's icon on the message board.
Old 12-25-2012, 02:53 PM
Super-Experienced and a HELLOFA nice guy

YellowRose is on a distinguished road
Default Replacing Those Black Squares

Mike ~fomoco posted this awhile back down this thread earlier.

John Draxler at the TBird Ranch carries vinyl paint repair decals for '60 tail light sections (as I recall) and the quarter panel emblems. I used them before. $10.00 each, I think.
http://www.tbirdranch.com/

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
'59 Tbird "The Yellow Rose Of Texas" aka "Tweety Bird"
"It's Hip To Be Square"
Thunderbird Registry #33025 VTCI #11178

rayclark07"at"att.net (Home) 210-674-5781 (Cell) 210-875-1411
http://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm

Last edited by YellowRose : 12-25-2012 at 09:04 PM.
Old 12-26-2012, 03:52 PM
Experienced

yellow98cobra is on a distinguished road

Thanks Ray, I was thinking I would just paint those back in. I wanted know how he had got the old vinyl or paint out of all of those little squares.
There are 4 pictures of her here, plus a couple of my namesake.
http://squarebirds.org/yellow98cobra/resized/
Old 12-26-2012, 07:02 PM
Super-Experienced and a HELLOFA nice guy

YellowRose is on a distinguished road
Default Rear fender trim repair

Our '59's do not have the small squares. Instead they have the long strips. I got that kit from John Draxler. I think I used 000 steel wool to clean up that area and then placed the sticky strips from the kit in place, as I recall.

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
'59 Tbird "The Yellow Rose Of Texas" aka "Tweety Bird"
"It's Hip To Be Square"
Thunderbird Registry #33025 VTCI #11178

rayclark07"at"att.net (Home) 210-674-5781 (Cell) 210-875-1411
http://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm
Old 05-13-2014, 05:22 PM
Super-Experienced

Tbird1044 is on a distinguished road

What was the problem with powder coating pot metal. I was considering doing this, but what would I be getting into? Chrome shops want a fortune to redo the tail light assemblies.
Nyles
Old 05-13-2014, 06:08 PM
Apprentice

steven l kraemer is on a distinguished road
Smile fender trim

i used johns 58 hubcap decals. put them on 10 years ago,and they are still there!
Old 05-13-2014, 11:58 PM
Experienced

Restifier52 is on a distinguished road

I had my bezels and plates powdercoated. I media blasted them myself before giving them to the powdercoater. The plates looked copper colored after I blasted them. After I got the plates back I dipped a toothpick into a jar of gloss black model paint and let it drip into the squares. Tedious but it's holding up well. The bezels were warped when I got them back. I gave them back to the powdercoater and he massaged them enough that I could get them back on the car. Then the shop instituted a no powdercoating pot metal policy. I have pictures on Our Rides.
Thunderbird Registry #35780
Old 05-14-2014, 01:27 PM
Super-Experienced

Tbird1044 is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the info. I finally found the pics of your tail lights and they look really good on the pics. I'll have to check with some of the powder coating places and talk with them about warpage. That was a good heads up. I also noticed your switches mounted in the ash tray. I plan to do the same thing and already bought the same switches. Mine just won't be controlling a NOs system. LOL I'm thinking of the power antenna, elect. fuel pump, power locks and map light switch.
Nyles