No announcement yet.

thunderbird build date

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

thunderbird build date

Hi all and happy new year, I have a question. My 1962 thunderbird has a build date of 08 August. does this mean it was built on August 08 1962, or August 08 1961? The vin number starts 177xxxx. one reason I need to know is I am trying to find a dash pad and I understand it makes a difference what the build date is, thanks.
  • Dan Leavens
    Moderator / Administrator

• Oct 4 2006

Joe there are two (2) areas on our site that you can research to answer your question. First on the home page is Thunderbird Technical Resource Library link that has a lot of info.

Second on the home page there is a black " search " button. Hit it / open it up and enter the words " build date " and the you can see and read the threads / posts from previous dicsussions related to your question. Good luck.
    Dano Calgary,Alberta Canada
    Thunderbird Registry
    58HT #33317
    60 HT (Sold )

Comment

• simplyconnected
      Administrator
      • May 26 2009

Your car was scheduled to be built August 08, 1962. It is the 0,77x,xxx-th '62 T-bird built, but the actual build date may have been one or two days different, depending on production flow.

The Scheduling Dept. presses the plates but they have no control over assembly line breakdowns, etc. - Dave
      Member, Sons of the American Revolution

CLICK HERE to see my custom hydraulic roller 390 FE build.

"We've got to pause and ask ourselves: How much clean air do we need?"
      --Lee Iacocca

Comment

Working...
      😀
      🥰
      🤢
      😎
      😡
      👍
      👎