X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • scumdog
    Super-Experienced

• May 12 2006

Originally posted by flyinthermals
    Wow... heavy pile on. I try to post and respond when time allows. I work a lot and the kids take much of my time. I haven’t figured out how to post pictures yet. Shame on me. It has only been 2 days and I will buy the light switch when I have time to find one. As for following advice, I certainly try to follow advice to things I don’t know about. That is why I ask the question in the first place. The lighting in my underground is very poor and it's hard to see. Sorry If my lack of knowledge on the Tbirds or car is general has rustled anyone’s feathers. I’m simply trying to tap into the collective minds of hundreds if not thousands of years of knowledge. I thought that is what this site is for. To ask questions for the the benefit of everyone. And yes I am a paid member. I will promise to keep my questions in the future to a minimum as not to irritate anyone here.

Cheers
    Nah, you post as you see fit - let the others mold around you...
    A Thunderbirder from the Land of the Long White Cloud.

Comment

• simplyconnected
      Administrator
      • May 26 2009

Originally posted by flyinthermals
      Wow... heavy pile on. I try to post and respond when time allows. I work a lot and the kids take much of my time. I haven’t figured out how to post pictures yet...
      Whoa, Cowboy... I know the old saying, "If the shoe fits, wear it."

This shoe doesn't fit you. John was talking about NON-paid members and so was I. Go back and read our comments. If you notice, John and I answer ALL the technical threads.

I can help you post pictures if you need some direction. Ray Clark can too. In fact, there are a lot of us who would gladly help you. Just tell us what you're having trouble with. The Help Desk also has instructions and free software for resizing your pictures.

I know what time restraints and pressure are. Robin & I raised seven kids. Now, I'm retired from Ford's assembly plant in Dearborn. Robin still teaches children at risk in the hood.

I know what pressure at work is all about, too. All of our lines are variable speed. Time Study goes around with the UAW adjusting them according to the work force on a regular basis. One day, two hours after startup, a 150 foot conveyor went down in the Trim Dept. The motor was running but the variable speed clutch wasn't getting power from the Louis-Allis Controller. Men were manually pushing Mustangs down this dual strand chain conveyor just to keep production going. In the mean time here comes the Plant Manager, Assistant PM, Dept. Manager, Maintenance Manager, all the Engineers, all the Dept. Foremen and the tradesmen, all standing around this dead conveyor drive. Guess what, no spare power supplies. They're asking ME if I can get them going or should they send the whole plant home. That's 1,500 workers (and 1,500 families). More importantly to management, it's 300 Mustangs that wouldn't get built (or sold). Is that pressure? You gotta be there to appreciate the weight of the situation because NO help was coming and each minute they lose a Mustang. What to do...

I got my big boy pants on and stole a Foreman's buggy, pulled the seat up and ran that conveyor clutch off the bank of six volt batteries. 24 volts was too much. It made the line go too fast, so I dropped one battery out and ran it from three batteries, at 18 volts DC. Still, the line was slightly fast, but close enough. The Utility Relief Men helped everyone keep up along the line. Two hours later, we had the parts needed. By the time the afternoon shift arrived, things were back to normal. All the other Engineers were scratching their heads in disbelief, wondering how a conveyor could run off an electric go-cart. It's just another day of slaying dragons at the factory. Nobody went home early and Ford only lost sixteen Mustangs that day. I went home with a smile. So did the Plant Manager.

Bottom line is: Things aren't as bad as you think if you lighten up and allow yourself to think outside the box. - Dave
      Member, Sons of the American Revolution

CLICK HERE to see my custom hydraulic roller 390 FE build.

"We've got to pause and ask ourselves: How much clean air do we need?"
      --Lee Iacocca

Comment

• jopizz
        Super-Experienced

• Nov 23 2009

Your original post indicated that you had a spongy pedal in addition to your brake light problem. I told you that I thought it was a master cylinder problem. You subsequently posted twice after that about a spongy pedal without acknowledging that you checked it or even were going to check it. Whether or not you are a paid member if you ignore people who are trying to help you don't expect to get much help in the future. All of us are busy. That doesn't mean we can't take time to be considerate.

John
        John Pizzi - Squarebirds Administrator

Thunderbird Registry #36223
        jopizz@squarebirds.org 856-779-9695

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎