This will take you to the main site where there is history, technical information and other information on these cars.
This takes you back to the main page of the forums.
This is the control panel to change your password, information and preferences on this message board.
Click here if your lost your password or need to register on this message board. You must be a registered user to post. Registration is free.
Search this board for information you need.
Click here to buy cool Squarebirds mechandise.
Click here to support Squarebirds.org. For $20 annually receive 20mBytes webspace, a Squarebirds e-mail address and member's icon on the message board.
Old 06-18-2013, 10:05 AM
Super-Experienced and a HELLOFA nice guy

YellowRose is on a distinguished road
Default Emergency Brake Release

I received this from England this morning. If anyone knows how to get the emergency brake released on a Bulletbird, please post it here. I can email the information to him. I do not know if the regular emergency brake release does not work. It sounds to me like he can't find it from what he said. In case the normal brake release does not work, how do you get it to release in an emergency?

I have a 1963 T Bird and cant find the emergency brake release is it a vacuum system or a handle release, Im stuck in the garage, the engine will run, Help neil.willis@hotmail.co.uk

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
'59 Tbird "The Yellow Rose Of Texas" aka "Tweety Bird"
"It's Hip To Be Square"
Thunderbird Registry #33025 VTCI #11178

rayclark07"at"att.net (Home) 210-674-5781 (Cell) 210-875-1411
http://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm
Old 06-18-2013, 11:53 AM
Super-Experienced and a HELLOFA nice guy

YellowRose is on a distinguished road
Default Emergency Brake Release

I knew I had seen this recently, so I did a search on Emergency Brake Release and found this in the Flairbird Forum! However, Ickaber owns a '63 Bulletbird, as you do, Neil. Look under the dash, above the emergency brake pedal. Apparently, unlike the Squarebirds, the Bulletbirds has an emergency brake pedal that you push down on to set the emergency brake. From what I read on the thread I got this from, that system works on vacuum. Here is the link in the Flairbirds Forum that I found. Keep in mind that they are talking about Flairbirds and not Bulletbirds, but in this case, what Ickaber posted worked for him on his '63 Bulletbird. http://www.squarebirds.org/vbulletin...+brake+release Here is what Ickaber had to say.

Ickaber

I had the same stuck e-brake issue that a few of us have had and stumbled upon this post. I had seen this previously and had looked a couple of times before and couldn't figure out what "the small tab above the emergency brake pedal" was.

But lo and behold, I just figured it out. So I thought I'd post a pic for the next to come along. It's not the clearest, but hopefully it will help someone. The "tab" is the part at the top of the brake arm that curls back towards the driver (it has the red arrow pointing at it) and one end of a spring attaches to it.

You just push that forward (towards the engine compartment) and the brake releases.

EDIT: Mine is a 1963 hardtop.

I emailed this information to Neil in the event that he has added me to his address book. Otherwise, I hope he finds this here.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 63tbird_ebrake.jpg (45.0 KB, 49 views)

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
'59 Tbird "The Yellow Rose Of Texas" aka "Tweety Bird"
"It's Hip To Be Square"
Thunderbird Registry #33025 VTCI #11178

rayclark07"at"att.net (Home) 210-674-5781 (Cell) 210-875-1411
http://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm

Last edited by YellowRose : 06-18-2013 at 11:59 AM. Reason: Additional Information
Old 06-25-2013, 02:52 PM
Apprentice

Ickaber is on a distinguished road

Thanks for saving me from having to hunt that thread down, Ray. And yes, I posted it in the wrong forum just hoping it would help someone someday, because when I was searching for it, that's the thread that kept coming up.