This will take you to the main site where there is history, technical information and other information on these cars.
This takes you back to the main page of the forums.
This is the control panel to change your password, information and preferences on this message board.
Click here if your lost your password or need to register on this message board. You must be a registered user to post. Registration is free.
Search this board for information you need.
Click here to buy cool Squarebirds mechandise.
Click here to support Squarebirds.org. For $20 annually receive 20mBytes webspace, a Squarebirds e-mail address and member's icon on the message board.
Old 04-03-2012, 11:10 AM
Super-Experienced

davidmij is on a distinguished road

Thx Gary, I'm going to be putting some kind of headers on it, haven't found any that I know will fit a 59 T-bird yet. But yes, I'll eliminate the heat riser.
I ran by Autozone after work yesterday and picked up the gray and red ultra Permatex I'll be using. We got a heavy snow last night so it'll be the weekend before I do my intake.

thx to all, Dave J.
Old 04-03-2012, 09:33 PM
KULTULZ

- http://squarebirds.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=1978

- http://www.fordpowertrain.com/FPAindex/Tbird1.htm

See if the above will help.
Old 04-09-2012, 10:11 PM
Super-Experienced

Default Update and a question

The question is, do you have to use a bellhousing to engine block plate with a 390 and 4 speed toploader? Or can the bellhousing bolt right to the motor?

Update: Got the intake on quite seamlessly thx to all the good advice from you guys. I rigged my come-a-long to a rafter and lowered it down using two guide bolts in the head on one side. I could have gone a tad heavier on the 1/4 inch bead of ultra gray sealer but it still appears to have sealed nicely all the way across front and back.

Now I just have to find a lower Z-bar mount and push rod - I may have one lined up but not sure yet.

thx, Dave J
Old 04-10-2012, 08:47 AM
KULTULZ

Yes, the plate is needed. It (one of many reasons) establishes the setback of the trans from the clutch asm to arrive @ proper adjustment.

Make doubly sure that the pilot bearing you will be using (ball/needle preferably) is the correct size and that the input shaft rides in @ the proper depth.
Old 04-10-2012, 10:14 AM
Super-Experienced

Thx Gary, I don't remember how it was on my 1969 belvedere back in 1976 when I replaced it's clutch, but I don't remember a plate.
When i bought my toploader the guy had a Lakewood clutch shatter plate that he threw in. If I didn't need it I was going to try to sell it. Looks like I'll be keeping it!

regards, Dave J
Old 04-17-2012, 08:58 PM
Super-Experienced

H, I took tons of pictures, but I don't have one of the motor mounts attached to the block, and I can't find any online either.
Can anybody tell me which way they go on the block? Either with the open part of the "U" shape to the front, or to the back?

thx, Dave J
Old 04-17-2012, 09:13 PM
Super-Experienced

Whoops!
Sorry, I found it on page 1-44, fig 56.

thx