This will take you to the main site where there is history, technical information and other information on these cars.
This takes you back to the main page of the forums.
This is the control panel to change your password, information and preferences on this message board.
Click here if your lost your password or need to register on this message board. You must be a registered user to post. Registration is free.
Search this board for information you need.
Click here to buy cool Squarebirds mechandise.
Click here to support Squarebirds.org. For $20 annually receive 20mBytes webspace, a Squarebirds e-mail address and member's icon on the message board.
Old 03-19-2012, 05:37 PM
Experienced

Astrowing is on a distinguished road

Also, when you have your drums off, measure them to ensure they aren't out of spec. Less than 11.030 is desired with standard shoes. You won't be happy with braking performance at all with drums that have been turned too many times.

CLICK HERE for Jim's web site
Old 03-19-2012, 07:39 PM
Experienced

frank58 is on a distinguished road

Dave, I couldn't help but notice that 1 wheel cylinder was made in Italy and all the rest of the items in your picture were made in China...... is that typical nowadays or are there any American brands (made in America). I for one would gladly pay more for good old USA.
Old 03-19-2012, 10:43 PM
Slow Typist

simplyconnected is on a distinguished road

Frank, it's very sad; Detroit is a ghost town. All our little job shops have moved to China. All our automotive machine shops are nearly all gone, too. There is no money to be made in the auto industry unless you work for peanuts at an agency.

GM, Ford, and all the rest are over in China making record numbers of vehicles. The big boys are in business to make money, and they figure if Americans won't buy American, then let's make the stuff Americans do buy.

I learn a lot by going through bone yards in different areas of the country. California is teeming with old Japanese car and motorcycle parts. Rarely do they have classic American car parts. The east coast is nearly identical. Military parking lots, hospital parking lots, university parking lots, all filled with foreign brands.

Auto parts stores only carry 'fast moving' parts, or they are quickly dropped from shelves and become 'mail order only'. So, you know what parts move the fastest. I recently went to OReilley's looking for a 2004 Ford torque converter. They couldn't even tell me a price because they don't have. We used to get parts right off the shelf. Those days are gone. Now, if one brand is available 'over night' we feel lucky to get it. I'm seeing more defective stock, 'new in the box'. They know I'm not going to China to sue. The situation is so bad for our children and grandchildren, they may need to move abroad to find work. - Dave

"We've got to pause and ask ourselves: How much clean air do we need?"
--Lee Iacocca
Old 03-20-2012, 12:30 PM

Anders is on a distinguished road

Itīs the same story here.
http://www.tbirdregistry.com/#33158
Old 03-22-2012, 11:10 AM
Super-Experienced

davidmij is on a distinguished road

Yeah, I did as Dakota Boy advised and bought a cheap Mity-Vac to use for bleeding (and for vacuum checking)_ works really nice.
I had no trouble bleeding my original old equipment the old fashion way too though. I'll bet your lines are clogged.

-Dave J