This will take you to the main site where there is history, technical information and other information on these cars.
This takes you back to the main page of the forums.
This is the control panel to change your password, information and preferences on this message board.
Click here if your lost your password or need to register on this message board. You must be a registered user to post. Registration is free.
Search this board for information you need.
Click here to buy cool Squarebirds mechandise.
Click here to support Squarebirds.org. For $20 annually receive 20mBytes webspace, a Squarebirds e-mail address and member's icon on the message board.
Old 03-20-2012, 09:17 PM
Super-Experienced

Ca58tbird is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anders View Post
Huh? What do you mean?
Anders, I have a 17" monitor and normally when I view any webpage including this tbirds forum, the text and pictures all wrap into a standard viewable format that I can see in the window on the monitor. Presently when I view the tbirds forum none of the text wraps, but just continues on and on and on to the right.
So these long sentences I am writing right now, when I submit the reply and I view it on the forum the sentence is all on one line. I must scroll about 3 miles to the right to read the entire sentence.
The only time the text comes back to the left margin is when I hit the enter/return key.
This is only happening on my monitor when viewing the tbird forum pages after I am signed in with my name and password. If I don't sign in, I can read everything as it should appear.
There's gotta be some adjustment that can be made, but I don't know if its in my tbird membership set up or somewhere else, like maybe on the server.
Thunderbird Registry #3810 VTCI#7652
Old 03-21-2012, 12:59 PM

Anders is on a distinguished road

Wow. Thatīs odd. The only time I have seen it be wide is when there is a big picture involved. Otherwise not.
I think you just need to buy a iMac
http://www.tbirdregistry.com/#33158
Old 03-21-2012, 01:00 PM
Experienced

newbird59 is on a distinguished road

Jed, I think it would just be your account on here or your settings. If you can't read all of this message without scrolling sideways <------->, then you have something to fix so that the text wraps to fit your screen. I'm not familiar with PC, just MAC so I may not be able to help unless you have one

But yes, I have been working on the panels to re-enforce the whole panels with repair as well. It's taking a lot of thinking and waiting for things to cure but I feel like this is a success. not completely perfect but I think it's going rather well. What I had to do was cut the fiberglass mat at the sharp corners (so that it flows with the lines) because the glass doesn't bend at a sharp corner or groove. After figuring it out, it was a cake! Jed, Do you suggest anything to polish off the job? Such as final steps to make it look nice? I forgot to post photos..but i'll do that tonight after I get off work.

--David
Old 03-21-2012, 01:02 PM
Experienced

I second that, Anders. haha. Miiiiight just start a PC vs. Mac war though.
Old 03-21-2012, 02:22 PM
Experienced

Astrowing is on a distinguished road

The issue is how your internet browser is configured and doesn't have anything to do with your platform or OS. Typically, Mac users use Safari and PC users use Internet Explorer. Some people have really really old versions and that creates problems as the web developer can only test to what he/she has access.

CLICK HERE for Jim's web site
Old 03-21-2012, 04:03 PM
Experienced

Here are some quick photos. I have almost finished one panel since these photos but you get the idea. I'm going to be putting up photos from start to finish on the next door panel so check in after the weekend!

Click on the photo to see it bigger.

--David
Old 03-21-2012, 09:34 PM
Super-Experienced

Ca58tbird is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by newbird59 View Post
...Jed, Do you suggest anything to polish off the job? Such as final steps to make it look nice? ... --David
David, Looks like from the pics you had posted that your fiberglass work came out quite well. In order to finish off the edges I would suggest using either all or one of the following;
- surform tool, or a cheese cutter as some refer to the tool.
- angle die grinder with a 2" or 3" roloc grinder disc
- belt sander

A belt sander can be also used on the surface to smooth out the flat surfaces front and back.

As far as my settings go, I haven't been able to figure that out yet. But I do see that on page 3 of this thread which we are on now, all is viewable as it should be. When I go to page 2 it spreads out really wide <---->, but I see that on 2-26-12 you, David, had posted a bunch of pics and they all went on the same line which really spread it out wide.

Thank you everybody for your input on settings. I've fiddled around a bit but haven't come up with a solution or an option that I can find.

As far as Macs go, I really rather do prefer the Double Quarter Pounder with cheese, but then the MacRibs are pretty darn good too.
Thunderbird Registry #3810 VTCI#7652