This will take you to the main site where there is history, technical information and other information on these cars.
This takes you back to the main page of the forums.
This is the control panel to change your password, information and preferences on this message board.
Click here if your lost your password or need to register on this message board. You must be a registered user to post. Registration is free.
Search this board for information you need.
Click here to buy cool Squarebirds mechandise.
Click here to support Squarebirds.org. For $20 annually receive 20mBytes webspace, a Squarebirds e-mail address and member's icon on the message board.
Old 12-30-2011, 07:56 PM

Morten is on a distinguished road
Default 1960 Ford Thunderbird J-code p

Hi i Hope you can help me, i have resontly both a 1960 Ford Thunderbird its J-code im having some trouble with the engine its making some noise from the cranckshaft now i have taking the engine out and taking it apart the cranckshaft is not looking good so my question is where can i get a new or used one ?

Best regards Morten from Denmark
Old 12-30-2011, 11:02 PM
Super-Experienced

DKheld is on a distinguished road

Morten,

Velkommen !!!

My wife's family is from Denmark - near Varde (Hundstrup) - been there visiting a few times and all over the countryside - wonderful country and friendly people - sure wish I could visit again soon.

Try contacting one of the Tbird used parts vendors here on this forum. Carl Heller (partsetal) or possibly John Draxler (tbirdranch) - you can send them a PM (private message) through the forum. I'm sure they can help with the part or let you know of a source to find one.
http://www.squarebirds.org/vbulletin/private.php

For a new one I would guess Summit racing http://www.summitracing.com/ or Jegs http://www.jegs.com/ might be able to help and both places should be familiar with shipping internationally. I would email them to be sure you are getting the correct crankshaft. My car has the 352 so I am not too familiar with the 430 J code parts.

Hope that helps,

Eric

Danish version - probably not so good as your English

Min kones familie er fra Danmark - nær Varde (Hundstrup) - været der på besøg et par gange og over hele landet - vidunderlige land og venlige mennesker - sikker på ville ønske jeg kunne besøge igen snart.

Prøv at kontakte en af ​​de Tbird brugte dele leverandører her på dette forum. Carl Heller (partsetal) eller muligvis John Draxler (tbirdranch) - kan du sende dem en PM (privat meddelelse) gennem forum. Jeg er sikker på de kan hjælpe med den del, eller lade dig vide af en kilde for at finde én.
http://www.squarebirds.org/vbulletin/private.php

For et nyt ville jeg gætte på topmødet racing http://www.summitracing.com/ eller Jegs http://www.jegs.com/ måske kunne hjælpe, og begge steder bør være fortrolig med shipping internationalt. Jeg vil maile dem til at være sikker på du får de rigtige krumtapakslen. Min bil har de 352, så jeg ikke alt for bekendt med de 430 J koden dele.

Håber det hjælper,

Last edited by DKheld : 12-31-2011 at 10:57 AM. Reason: adding Danish version
Old 12-31-2011, 01:06 PM
Experienced

tp tbird is on a distinguished road
Default 430 engine

You might be able to get the crank turned down at a machine shop and put oversize bearings if it is not too bad.Tom
Old 01-17-2012, 06:55 PM

Morten is on a distinguished road

Hi Eric

Thanks for your help summitracing and Jegs has no crank for 430 engine, I could not find anyone who makes new cranks in the U.S. or Denmark, but I've found a used engine and transmission here in Denmark (Kalundborg) about 1 1/2 hour drive from where I live, I will pic it up on Saturday. I live in North Sjælland around Hillerød 30 km kilometers from Copenhagen with my girlfriend and our son is 1 year
Old 01-18-2012, 02:06 AM
Slow Typist

simplyconnected is on a distinguished road

What is wrong with your crankshaft? Have you measured the pins and mains? Very rarely is a new one needed. Tp tbird suggests you have your original machined. I agree.

"We've got to pause and ask ourselves: How much clean air do we need?"
--Lee Iacocca