This will take you to the main site where there is history, technical information and other information on these cars.
This takes you back to the main page of the forums.
This is the control panel to change your password, information and preferences on this message board.
Click here if your lost your password or need to register on this message board. You must be a registered user to post. Registration is free.
Search this board for information you need.
Click here to buy cool Squarebirds mechandise.
Click here to support Squarebirds.org. For $20 annually receive 20mBytes webspace, a Squarebirds e-mail address and member's icon on the message board.
Old 06-21-2011, 09:30 AM
Apprentice

REM is on a distinguished road

Thanks
I'll check it out.
Old 06-21-2011, 10:01 AM
John

JohnG is on a distinguished road

see also: http://www.squarebirds.org/vbulletin...ead.php?t=6382
Old 06-21-2011, 07:56 PM
Super-Experienced and a HELLOFA nice guy

YellowRose is on a distinguished road
Default I feel like I won the lottery

As has been stated, the Date on the Data Plate and the date on the Build or ROT sheet do not necessarily indicate the actual date the car was built. The Build/ROT sheet date is the date it was scheduled to go on the line. However, delays in line production, speed up of production or problems with a frame going on the line could either delay the actual build date, or cause it to be built sooner than the date it was scheduled for. It is my understanding that the Data Plate was created with the Build/ROT sheet, so if a car was built sooner or later than the date on the paperwork, they did not go back and make a new Data Plate.

One of the most complete breakdowns of what all the numbers mean on your Build/ROT (short for Rotation) sheet means are on Tom Maruska's website under the Technical tab. Tom has some great documentation there that we have included, as I recall, in the TRL. Here is the web page for the Build/ROT sheet breakdown. While you are there, you will want to bookmark his tbirdsquare website for future use. It has much information for all of use to use.

http://www.reocities.com/tpls63/technical/1962rot.html

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
'59 Tbird "The Yellow Rose Of Texas" aka "Tweety Bird"
"It's Hip To Be Square"
Thunderbird Registry #33025 VTCI #11178

rayclark07"at"att.net (Home) 210-674-5781 (Cell) 210-875-1411
http://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm
Old 06-21-2011, 08:34 PM
Experienced

redstangbob is on a distinguished road

There's been a lot of discussion about the date codes on the ROT and data plate, Mine was a first day of production scheduled car and the data plate and ROT are the same (Aug 3/64) but the gate sheet has an invoice date of 8/17. I have casting dates that no-way went into a 8/3 car, but could have gone into a car 2 weeks later. I was thrilled when I called the parts dept of the dealer that sold my car in late 64 and found he still had a few original license plate frames from the old days. He was good enough to send them to me, so I can sport them on my car.
Old 06-21-2011, 11:45 PM
Apprentice

redneck is on a distinguished road
Wink Congrats on the ROT find

Hi guys:
Thanks to this forum, I also went searching for my ROT for my 60 bird. All I found was a #$%# old mouse nest under the back seat. I took care of that right away. Then I noticed one small corner of paper sticking out from the corner of my carpet pad just behind the drivers seat. I removed the screws that held the carpet pad down and found a fully intact ROT sheet. I have it laminated and it is fun to have with the car at the car shows.

Redneck in N. Minnesota
Old 06-22-2011, 12:08 AM
Experienced

60 T-Bird is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTE427 View Post
Martin,

The engine code 'Y' on your ROT sheet would be for a 352 engine, thought your car was equipped with a 430 engine when you started with this restoration. Does the ROT match your car or had the 430 replaced the 352 at some time in the past?
Hmmm...You're right. I bet it was some weird quirk on the line because my plate on the jam is J code. The 430 mounts were these humongous curvy morfidites welded at the factory over the FE mounts. So I would doubt anyone would tackle that job when a 427 would bolt in. Maybe someone can chime in...Martin
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: Wow - what a ride!"
Old 06-22-2011, 03:24 AM
Super-Experienced and a HELLOFA nice guy

YellowRose is on a distinguished road
Default I feel like I won the lottery.

Redneck and Bob, I am glad ya'll found your ROT sheets! Bob, what a nice stroke of luck you had getting the license frames! Many car dealers that were selling cars back then are long gone. It looks really nice on there.

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
'59 Tbird "The Yellow Rose Of Texas" aka "Tweety Bird"
"It's Hip To Be Square"
Thunderbird Registry #33025 VTCI #11178

rayclark07"at"att.net (Home) 210-674-5781 (Cell) 210-875-1411
http://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm