This will take you to the main site where there is history, technical information and other information on these cars.
This takes you back to the main page of the forums.
This is the control panel to change your password, information and preferences on this message board.
Click here if your lost your password or need to register on this message board. You must be a registered user to post. Registration is free.
Search this board for information you need.
Click here to buy cool Squarebirds mechandise.
Click here to support Squarebirds.org. For $20 annually receive 20mBytes webspace, a Squarebirds e-mail address and member's icon on the message board.
Old 02-05-2011, 09:40 PM
Super-Experienced and a HELLOFA nice guy

YellowRose is on a distinguished road
Default "Yellow Rose" Shines Again At S&S

I had to go to a Tbird Club meeting in Austin, but got back in time to set up and show Rose at the 1st Annual O'Reillys Auto Parts Show & Shine not far by my house. It was a pretty day today, and back into the 60's so it was a nice day for a show. I had told the person running the show that I might be late getting there, and he said that would be okay as long as I made it in and registered before judging started. As it was, I got there at 3pm, set up quickly, dusted her down with my long handled dust mop, and got done before the judging started. When I rolled in with her, all eyes turned to her and they all gravitated her direction once I got her stopped. They looked her over and she got a lot of Ohhhs and Ahhhs as I set up. I got many complements about how pretty she looks. Judging commenced and then about 5pm they announced the results. Rose was awarded 2nd Place in the Old Classic Car division, which was fine with me. That is her 2nd 2nd Place trophy for her. I was surprised when they announced the Best In Show Car, and it was Rose! So that is her 2nd Best In Show trophy. In five showings, she has earned 2 Best In Shows, 2 2nd Place, and 2 3rd Place awards. Not bad for just beginning. Dave, there was a '59 red, white and black highly customized Ford Galaxie 300 there dressed up like a 500. Since I did not have my camera, he gave me his phone number and I will get his email address or give him mine. What until you see this Ford! You will freak out! Here is the pix of my awards. The two front ones are from today. The Best Of Show on the left, and the 2nd Place in my division on the right with the older ones behind them.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg RosesTrophies-2-5-11-2.jpg (45.5 KB, 31 views)

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
'59 Tbird "The Yellow Rose Of Texas" aka "Tweety Bird"
"It's Hip To Be Square"
Thunderbird Registry #33025 VTCI #11178

rayclark07"at"att.net (Home) 210-674-5781 (Cell) 210-875-1411
http://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm
Old 02-05-2011, 10:05 PM
Slow Typist

simplyconnected is on a distinguished road

Congratulations, Ray! Sorry I wasn't home when you called tonight. I was outside shoveling five more inches of snow and I didn't hear the phone.

Today was a long day for you; up to Austin, TX, then back to San Antonio for the trophy wins! Well, you deserve it and Rose looks stunning, even in winter. (Now, I have to take back all those bad things I said about O'Reilly's.)

BTW, was Lance Herrington there at your club meeting? And, YES!... I'd love to see pictures of the '59 Ford 300. Everyone in Michigan put theirs away for the winter.

Again congratulations, Ray. You deserve those awards. - Dave

"We've got to pause and ask ourselves: How much clean air do we need?"
--Lee Iacocca

Last edited by simplyconnected : 02-05-2011 at 10:25 PM.
Old 02-05-2011, 10:16 PM
Super-Experienced and a HELLOFA nice guy

YellowRose is on a distinguished road
Default "Yellow Rose" Shines Again At S&S

Thanks for the nice comments, Dave. As the new VP of the South Texas Tbird Club, I have taken on the responsibility of being the go-between for the Austin Club and our club. They come to our meetings and now I got to theirs. No, Lance was not at this meeting and I do not think he is a member of that club, nor is he a member of ours.

This Ford Galaxie 300 is decked out as if it was a 500. It has a chromed radiator, chromed radiator cowl, chromed everything under the hood. It has all kinds of audio and video stuff in the car and the trunk is loaded with audio amplifiers and the air container for his air shocks that he can make go up and down. I thought it was pretty cool, though it is a highly modified 300. I will post some pix when he sends me some.

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
'59 Tbird "The Yellow Rose Of Texas" aka "Tweety Bird"
"It's Hip To Be Square"
Thunderbird Registry #33025 VTCI #11178

rayclark07"at"att.net (Home) 210-674-5781 (Cell) 210-875-1411
http://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm
Old 02-06-2011, 05:32 AM

Anders is on a distinguished road

Congrats Ray! Best in show is whatīs itīs all about in a show, right
http://www.tbirdregistry.com/#33158
Old 02-06-2011, 12:22 PM
Super-Experienced and Proud Kentuckian who bleeds Ford Blue.

Richard D. Hord is on a distinguished road

Congratulations Ray! We told ya they would come around!!!
Richard D. Hord
Registry #33436
Old 02-06-2011, 02:30 PM
Super-Experienced

keith is on a distinguished road

Ray,

Congatulations on your Best of Show!!!

However, you don't have to rub it in about it being 60 degree's.

I shoveled snow yesterday..... again. We got 24" yes twenty four inches Tuesday and Wednsday and another 1-2" Friday night.

CLICK HERE for Keith's web site
Old 02-06-2011, 03:31 PM
Moderator / Administrator

Dan Leavens is on a distinguished road
Cool

Ray congrats and pretty soon you will need a trophy case on wheels ( no pun intended ) to get all the trophies to the show / shines.
58HT #33317 60HT # 23023
Old 02-06-2011, 05:32 PM
Experienced

Dutchbird is on a distinguished road

Hi Ray,

Great news & Congrats!!!
Sounds like flying by with Rose at an event is only possible with an empty trunk..........
Attached Images
File Type: jpg CongratsTweety.jpg (30.6 KB, 17 views)