This will take you to the main site where there is history, technical information and other information on these cars.
This takes you back to the main page of the forums.
This is the control panel to change your password, information and preferences on this message board.
Click here if your lost your password or need to register on this message board. You must be a registered user to post. Registration is free.
Search this board for information you need.
Click here to buy cool Squarebirds mechandise.
Click here to support Squarebirds.org. For $20 annually receive 20mBytes webspace, a Squarebirds e-mail address and member's icon on the message board.
Old 01-15-2009, 06:59 PM
Experienced

trim code 76 is on a distinguished road
Talking "Cool Seat Covers" Factory option

Has anyone ever heard of these ("Cool Seat Covers")? I just won a set on ebay and they came in the factory box! Never in a car before. They are specifically made for the 60 bird and these have a white boarder and a black main body that is of interesting material, about 1/2" thick and with a somewhat tight shallow undulating surface. It has some silver tinsel woven in> It goes absolutely perfect in my trim code 76 interior. I was told this was an extremely rare factory accessory. It has a tag with the part number on it. I will go out to the garage later and enter it. It has a elastic band that goes around the back of the seat to hold it in place. WHAT A FIND! Please give me any feedback you have on this. If someone will tell me how I will try and download pics of it. Have a good one!
Old 01-15-2009, 07:16 PM
Experienced

Cool

OK, part number is: COSB-19B501-B01. At close examination of the surface it was a fine crossing gridwork of a stiff pliable thin cord or "wire" in black with silver tinsel woven in. The pattern is pretty tight maybe 1/16" cross hatching. Crazy! Ah the good old 60's, brings back lapses in memory!!LOL
Old 01-15-2009, 07:33 PM
Super-Experienced and a HELLOFA nice guy

YellowRose is on a distinguished road
Default "Cool Seat Covers" Factory option

Hi trim code 76. Thanks for posting the Ford part number. One of the guys should be able to tell you more about that. Members who are not paid members often use free websites, like photobucket.com to create their own account and post their pictures. Then you can post the link to your pictures here. I am sure a lot of the guys would love to see what these things look like. Is there a website we can look that part number up in?

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
'59 Tbird "The Yellow Rose Of Texas" aka "Tweety Bird"
"It's Hip To Be Square"
Thunderbird Registry #33025 VTCI #11178

rayclark07"at"att.net (Home) 210-674-5781 (Cell) 210-875-1411
http://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm

Last edited by YellowRose : 01-16-2009 at 03:24 AM. Reason: Additional comments
Old 01-15-2009, 09:26 PM
Experienced

Question

So, what are the specifics about being a payed member?
Old 01-16-2009, 12:04 AM
Super-Experienced and a HELLOFA nice guy

YellowRose is on a distinguished road
Default "Cool Seat Covers" Factory option

A $20 paid membership, either once yearly or recurring annual Squarebirds membership donation gains you the right to post pictures directly on a forum, your own webpage on the Forum and your own Squarebirds email address. See the information at the top of this Forum Membership Benefits And Webspace Information for full details. Should you care to become a paid member you can do so by clicking on the Donate to Site button on the top right of the page and follow through with those instructions. You will have to have a PayPal account set up though for payment.

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
'59 Tbird "The Yellow Rose Of Texas" aka "Tweety Bird"
"It's Hip To Be Square"
Thunderbird Registry #33025 VTCI #11178

rayclark07"at"att.net (Home) 210-674-5781 (Cell) 210-875-1411
http://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm

Last edited by YellowRose : 01-16-2009 at 12:05 AM. Reason: Additional comments