This will take you to the main site where there is history, technical information and other information on these cars.
This takes you back to the main page of the forums.
This is the control panel to change your password, information and preferences on this message board.
Click here if your lost your password or need to register on this message board. You must be a registered user to post. Registration is free.
Search this board for information you need.
Click here to buy cool Squarebirds mechandise.
Click here to support Squarebirds.org. For $20 annually receive 20mBytes webspace, a Squarebirds e-mail address and member's icon on the message board.
Old 08-30-2008, 08:13 AM
Apprentice

joe1946 is on a distinguished road

Thank you very much. And I thought this was going to be easy. I've Emailed Woody to see if he can straighten me out on what I need and where to find it. Boy, am I upside down in this car now. Sound slightly familiar???
Thanks again.
Joe
Old 08-30-2008, 08:17 AM
KULTULZ

Wink

Yes, it sounds very familiar. Us old guys were young once too and there wasn't all the info out there like there is today.

GOOD LUCK WITH IT!

You will find everything you need for it, don't worry.

Gary
Old 08-30-2008, 08:28 PM
Apprentice

I'm not young any more either. I stumped Woodie and he sent me on to other sites. I'm sure the parts are out there, it's down to whether or not I can afford them. I think it's time to take the Bird out for a cruise just to relax.
Thanks again. You guys are the best.
Joe
Old 08-31-2008, 12:20 AM
KULTULZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe1946 View Post

I stumped Woodie and he sent me on to other sites.
Hmmph.

Let me know how you do. if no luck I will try to find everything.
Old 09-01-2008, 06:37 PM
Apprentice

I started to look at all the parts that need to be changed over and got into the "Rare" listing. I'm going to try and cancel my order on the center link and order the conversion kit. The bank has almost closed on this old girl. I'm at the point where I'll have more in her than she will ever be worth. If I can get her to drive down the road correctly it might be time to bite the bullet and recoupe what ever I can and walk away. It would have cost well over $600 to get all the parts not to mention what it would cost to get them installed. Social security only goes so far. I'll stick to the 60 Bird. She's been good to me.
Thanks for the help, I really appreciate it.
I'm finding it really strange to see the difference between sites. Squarebirds and a Mustang site have been most helpful. I'm not going to mention what I think about the Fairlane site. A serious difference.
Thanks again.
Joe
Old 09-02-2008, 04:08 AM
KULTULZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe1946 View Post

I'm finding it really strange to see the difference between sites.
Squarebirds and a Mustang site have been most helpful. I'm not going to mention what I think about the Fairlane site. A serious difference.

Thanks again.

Joe
It surprises me also. This changeover has probably been done numerous times and someone there should have the details. But you are correct, it is expensive to go either way.
Old 09-02-2008, 10:18 PM
Apprentice

The boys(and girls) at Advanced Auto have been really good to me. The conversion kit is now on the way. I should have it by Thursday or Friday. I just hope already having the manual steering box isn't going to throw things off.
I'll let you know how it goes.
Thanks.
Joe